Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if its management or player incompetence or both but whoever the manager is the 1st order of business better be getting the defense straightened out on free kicks/corners. If we defended free kicks as well as we used to a few years back then we have an extra 5-8 points this year and are/in the hunt for 4th. There is no excuse for the poor defense when you have Fellani, Jags, Distin, and a player with the talent that Heitenga has. And that isn't mentioning that all the time we have a big striker or 2 on the pitch to also help out.

So in their last two premier league outings the RS have handed out respective 4-0 and 5-0 defeats to two managers that are seemingly two of the most favoured managers to replace moyes. Weird.

I'm worried about how many they're going to put past Moyes himself in a few weeks.

Out of curiosity mate, when did you convert to "moyes out" camp?

You were one of his staunchest supporter over the years. When did the last straw landed on your back?

Same question to Chico too.

Chico seen the light a while ago, still about 10 years behind some of us tho.

To he honest, I can't see us getting anyone of any real merit. Its blatantly obvious to everyone that we are skint so whoever takes the job knows full well they'll be inheriting both an ageing squad AND no money for investment.

I think Moyes is the best we could hope for, people keep saying Martinez or Laudrup but why on earth would they leave their respective jobs? Even Clarke at Brom has got it good and all 3 of the aforementioned have money to spend and tidy players at their disposal. I think the best we can hope for is another up & coming manager or someone like Zola from the lower leagues.

To he honest, I can't see us getting anyone of any real merit. Its blatantly obvious to everyone that we are skint so whoever takes the job knows full well they'll be inheriting both an ageing squad AND no money for investment.

I think Moyes is the best we could hope for, people keep saying Martinez or Laudrup but why on earth would they leave their respective jobs? Even Clarke at Brom has got it good and all 3 of the aforementioned have money to spend and tidy players at their disposal. I think the best we can hope for is another up & coming manager or someone like Zola from the lower leagues.

Martinez may prefer managing a team in the premiership.

It's not rocket science is it: Martinez did a great job at Swansea, is doing a great job keeping Wigan competitive and will also have a point to prove to The RS - hey he might even send a team out at An'alfield to win the bloody game. (Something he's managed already).

Theres a part of me that thinks we could tempt Laudrup here, dont know why. Wouldnt be arsed using a bit of the transfer kitty to get him here either.

So in their last two premier league outings the RS have handed out respective 4-0 and 5-0 defeats to two managers that are seemingly two of the most favoured managers to replace moyes. Weird.

And in a certain infamous thread the GOT populace polled Brenda Rogers as the ideal man to be our next manager. Thankfully, the Apocalypse deaded the poll...so no proof anymore apart from whispered heresay.

Lesson learnt: regarding our next manager: don't listen to us Evertonians, instead pick someone leftfield from the continent no one's ever heard of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back