Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No but maybe some fresh ideas on how to best utilise the players in the squad may see us push on. How much of a manager do you have to be to see that Neville is past it?

I can see it going the other way and we regress but here's hoping you're right.

There's no doubt in my mind that the club's stale and it doesn't feel like the end of an era, I'm just inclined to think this is the best we can hope for under Kenwright's chairmanship.

Really ? So you aren't bothered about him parading up and down , raising his profile looking for someone else ? Your happy that we're his back up and he'll only stay if nobody else wants him ?

I'm lucky enough to have seen us win titles , cups and a European trophy I'm not having a go but I'm prepared to wager that you havent .

This club survived losing WR Dean, Harry catterick and Howard Kendall amongst others and it'll still be here long after Davy moyes is gone , I've not been fervently anti-moyes but this 'plucky old everton' & 'Davy the messiah' pony frankly hurts my head .

Surely you must know its a slippery slope though ? As a club we're a few successive bad transfers away from being in deep s***. No assets, plenty of debt, small squad.

This idea that we'll be sound 'because we're Everton' is nice but It's not going to bail us out.

I can see it going the other way and we regress but here's hoping you're right.

There's no doubt in my mind that the club's stale and it doesn't feel like the end of an era, I'm just inclined to think this is the best we can hope for under Kenwright's chairmanship.

We can do better without his chairmanship...a lot better.

Surely you must know its a slippery slope though ? As a club we're a few successive bad transfers away from being in deep s***. No assets, plenty of debt, small squad.

This idea that we'll be sound 'because we're Everton' is nice but It's not going to bail us out.

That's it really. All it takes is whoever comes in during the summer to squander the Baines/Fellaini money and we're on the road to an Aston Villa type situation.

I think as a team we are going through the bad patch we have at a start of the season,after todays disgusting display i think questions must be asked of the players attitude as moyes as not signed a contract,why would players play for a manager who could be off at end of season ....we have two things to do now moyes sign up and pledge future hopefully stare a run to end of season or secondly f** get someone in now bed down and draw up plans

I'm not saying that mate , change can always go wrong I'm old and ugly enough to see that . However for me it's about respect , whether that's moyes to us or our self respect . If I was seeing a gorgeous fantastic woman but she was looking round to see what else was out there and frankly didn't look like she was trying then whether I was worried about never getting one as fit or even some time all alone I wouldn't keep my mouth shut and hope nobody better came along, I've certainly got more self respect than that .

I agree that without change at the top we run the risk of real problems but that doesn't mean I must worry about the future and avoid ever changing the status quo

I think as a team we are going through the bad patch we have at a start of the season,after todays disgusting display i think questions must be asked of the players attitude as moyes as not signed a contract,why would players play for a manager who could be off at end of season ....we have two things to do now moyes sign up and pledge future hopefully stare a run to end of season or secondly f** get someone in now bed down and draw up plans

But Chelsea don't have this problem....

....oh wait.

we need a hungry manager not David Moyes. We need a manager who is football-oriented. We need someone who understands how to play football with skill, technique, not a manager who shouts every instruction to his players like an idiot instead of letting them play and trusting them. We need change

This for me. I'm not saying I want him to stay and I don't think he will, but it's a risk. Look at Villa, our rivals for a good few years and a change of manager, loss of star players means they are fighting relegation.

This could be us, not because Moyes leaves, but him leaving signals to the players that he doesn't feel he can take us any further.

Another manager could step in and do well no question, but BK was going to appoint Megson before, so if we go down that road players will be gone pronto

So you're saying Moyes is the saviour? I'd rather fight relagation and stay up than finish mid table. At least we can all feel as though we've won something and invade the pitch.

Every club apart from the elite are a few bad transfers away from the deep. We have one major asset, who should be gone in the summer and good riddance. He could not be bothered today.

It's very rare you meet a happy go lucky evertonian. It's because we never have fall to be happy about! It's a grim life.

So you're saying Moyes is the saviour? I'd rather fight relaxation and stay up than finish mid table. At least we can all feel as though we've won something and invade the pitch.

Every club apart from the elite are a few bad transfers away from the deep. We have one major asset, who should be gone in the summer and good riddance. He could not be bothered today.

It's very rare you meet a happy go lucky evertonian. It's because we never have fall to be happy about! It's a grim life.
I've been fighting relaxation since about 3pm

Get rid of moyes and get Martinez in.

If we improve, awesome.

If we suck then hopefully we'll suck so bad that kenwrong has to finally let go.

Then after failing miserably at his new job Moyes comes back under new owners and spends £40 million to get us to 5th and a League cup.

Then gets sacked when were 15th at christmas and lose to Plymouth in the 3rd round.

We need someone to stir things up and who has a passion for Everton. It might be a cliche but I'd love a former player to take over when Moyes finally leaves. Joe Royle anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back