Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez would just help Everton become an even smaller club in this modern day money bs football media crap of a sport. What a joke. We need a big name.

I think we have to analyse the strengths and weaknesses honestly about Moyes to know where to go next. I think a weakness is that he has been reluctant to give young players enough time, and maybe we have produced big enough performances in key games.
My preferred option would be a manager from the Dutch/German league. Most ofn their teams have average ages of 22/23/24. Someone who would be prepared to improve the players, bring through younger players, and not be pissed off due to the lack of investment.
Alternatively, someone like Joe Royle, with Neville as his assistant and Stubbs/Weir as first team coach, to groom Neville would not be such a bad idea. I know after today people will be angry with Neville, but I think he has a lot to offer.
I'd rather have Royle back, with the coaching structure we have. Stubbs/Weir would help bring the younger players through. I would not under any circumstances want someone like a Mark Hughes. Martinez is not a bad shout, but how many players has he brought through. And secondly, his league performances has been very disapointing. While our budget is bigger than Wigan, it is not much bigger. Our budget is much closer to Wigan than it is to say Liverpool or Spurs.

I'm not saying that mate , change can always go wrong I'm old and ugly enough to see that . However for me it's about respect , whether that's moyes to us or our self respect . If I was seeing a gorgeous fantastic woman but she was looking round to see what else was out there and frankly didn't look like she was trying then whether I was worried about never getting one as fit or even some time all alone I wouldn't keep my mouth shut and hope nobody better came along, I've certainly got more self respect than that .

I agree that without change at the top we run the risk of real problems but that doesn't mean I must worry about the future and avoid ever changing the status quo

Why shouldn't he be looking around? What is he actually doing wrong? Unlike you, me, and everyone on here, he isn't an Evertonian. He's been here 11 years and clearly done a very good job trying to put out a forrest fire with his own pi$$.

He's perfectly entitled to see out the remainder of his contract and then do as he chooses isn't he?

at least Wigan looked as if they were coached -
Everton looked like a bunch of street boys in desperate need of some basic coaching in like passing , defending and of course striking -
how many more years do you want to give Mr Moyes to give us more of the same ?

DISTIN IN:

Conor Morrison ‏@conorefc

@sylvaind15tin We need to give younger players a chance and stop this playing the same 11 week in week out

Sylvain DistinVerified account ‏@sylvaind15tin

@conorefc I agree

Why shouldn't he be looking around? What is he actually doing wrong? Unlike you, me, and everyone on here, he isn't an Evertonian. He's been here 11 years and clearly done a very good job trying to put out a forrest fire with his own pi$$.

He's perfectly entitled to see out the remainder of his contract and then do as he chooses isn't he?
I agree he has every right to look around. I think in an era that is summed up by a lack of loyalty, Moyes has shown Everton and the board more than enough loyalty. However, if Moyes thinks he has no distance left to run at Everton, it would be a mistake for him to sign a long term deal. I'd rather he walked away, and on good terms. Sheedy's analogy about women is a good one. Sometimes you might love someone, but you know that there isn't the love there anymore. Too much has happened. It's hard, but you have to walk away. Continuing on, invariably only makes things worse.
We need to go in a different direction. I don't think things can continue as they are. If Moyes wants a better job, I can fully unerstand that, and I hope he gets that, I am sure he will. But we shouldn't aspire to be anyones plan B. I wouldn't want to be Mourinho's plan B while he waits for the job he wants. My view with any employee of the club, is if they want to move on, they should go.

after takin a few hours to get over that today i have thought about this a lot..
my opinion is since moyes has not signed a contract or said he wont til end of seaon we have not played well
, something similar happened at united few years back when fergie said he was retiring and at spurs last year when harry thought he had england job sewn up..
players lose the fear of a manager because they think he may be gone anyway next season. motivation from both manager and players wains..
he should be told either sign a contract straight away or else sack him.. stop playin the games he is playin

I've said before in previous threads moyes is doing the best for moyes and that's his right but my concern is the best for us and like I've said before and like united and spurs before us in exactly this position we are suffering. What do we do just sit and wait , When do we say enough is it May , June , July or August ? What about signings or sales do we hope that it just works out ?

How many managers have run down their contacts ? There are probably loads but for the life of me I can't think of any , it's only my opinion but his response that it's not hurting us or his comments about today's (lack of) performance just adds to my frustration .

Martinez would just help Everton become an even smaller club in this modern day money bs football media crap of a sport. What a joke. We need a big name.

This. Martinez is in a similar position to Moyes in that he can do no wrong because his failures are always excused by lack of resources. Martinez has been under even less pressure than Moyes, and has been working at a club where the bar of expectation is even lower than at Everton. Martinez isn't the answer, IMO.

I've said before in previous threads moyes is doing the best for moyes and that's his right but my concern is the best for us and like I've said before and like united and spurs before us in exactly this position we are suffering. What do we do just sit and wait , When do we say enough is it May , June , July or August ? What about signings or sales do we hope that it just works out ?

How many managers have run down their contacts ? There are probably loads but for the life of me I can't think of any , it's only my opinion but his response that it's not hurting us or his comments about today's (lack of) performance just adds to my frustration .

To be fair, Allardyce is out of contract in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back