Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
70% possession at the emirates ion the last 15 mins gives them a goal from a free kick that was very dubious but the football in the last 15 mins from back top front is exceptional. Arsenal look shaken Martinez style of football under this pressure is amazing!

He's probably found them, and has a shortlist of hundreds of them, all from everywhereelseexceptSpain.
Of course, I have enough just about enough proof for this as you have for your "he loves signing them" argument.

Truth is, he found bargains, for his club and for very very cheap.

*4 players are Spaniards in the current Wigan starters, with 1 being on loan, 2 being there for at least 2 years and one playing a total of 5 games or something. "Favours the Spaniards", this guy.

Fair enough you think he found bargains. I don't.

I don't understand why this is being modded so aggressively. I think it would be way easier to follow the discourse if each of the managers that are at least being talked about a lot like Martinez, Laudrup, Pereira etc. had their own thread so that I wouldn't have to scroll through 100 pages of comments to find out what people think about each one.

Yeah understand what you mean mate, guess it's just easier for the mods to manage one big thread instead of loads of small threads popping up everywhere basically about the same subject.

Why are people comparing the transfers of wigan and everton . If martinez came to us then i doubt he would look at players like he was at wigan . We are a bigger club a more well know club. I would think if moyes was true about staying before utd came then the scouts and board would know which players to look at . Surely if he came the scouts would give him a few players to look at . Maybe he could get us a negredo or solado cheap

I don't understand why this is being modded so aggressively. I think it would be way easier to follow the discourse if each of the managers that are at least being talked about a lot like Martinez, Laudrup, Pereira etc. had their own thread so that I wouldn't have to scroll through 100 pages of comments to find out what people think about each one.

I like the idea of each candidate having his own thread.

Fair enough you think he found bargains. I don't.
To each their own, really, and I know this sounds stupid, but considering his club's stature - they are the so called bargains, even if they're not the Pienaar's and Arteta's that we're used to. For us - those would be backups to the backup, but he should know better, right*?

*Hopes

I just hope SOMEONE on the board is pushing a conversation similar to this.

Presumably everyone on here was pleased to hear the news that Pereira had expressed his interest in the job, even if not everyone thinks he's the best choice? It would be gratifying to hear that the likes of Girard or Tuchel had also been in contact, and I would hope that other possibilities such as Biesla, Koeman or Van Basten are being considered or even approached by our board.

The possibility that Kenwright has never looked beyond Martinez, Laudrup and Lennon simply saddens me. Irrespective of my assessment of the respective suitability of those three, such a scenario would suggest that we have no real plan and lack a professional approach to identifying candidates.

Coleman and Gibson (for example). Worthed peanuts and not that hard to sign are they?
I do believe the Gibson thing went so easy and cheaply (minus the clauses obviously; probably about 2-3m or more with them? I dunno) because of the connections.

I'd say Coleman was a Moyes magic buy though, no arguing that.

To each their own, really, and I know this sounds stupid, but considering his club's stature - they are the so called bargains, even if they're not the Pienaar's and Arteta's that we're used to. For us - those would be backups to the backup, but he should know better, right*?

*Hopes

Fine, I just hope he can sign better players IF he joins this club (hope not for me).

I think we need to decide what type of Manager we want first.

Mancini won things with City, albeit perhaps also underachieved, but had seemingly little appetite for managing anything else other than the 1st team and had shown very little interest in their Academy, U21s or structuring the club.

Moyes on the other hand, well, has pretty much played an integral part in overhauling the setup; appointing well respected individuals in the Academy and U21s; people with a similar ethos to himself. You can be sure he took an interest in Academy matters but respected Irvine, Sheedy, Dewsnip and co to come to decisions on their own. When your boss is a grafter, you want to put the work in yourself.

It's not even a bash on Johnny Foreigner either. Martin O'Neil is renowned for not giving two hoots about training sessions and prefers to leave training matters to his assistants, hence why I'd be mortified to even be linked with such a clown!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back