Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My choice would be Pereira but we all know that will not happen. Have to say winning the FA cup was an achievement but really in my eyes is immaterial, what counts is 38 league games and Wigan's record under Martinez is not good, so no to Martinez for me. Laudrup I would like very much but that compo, add to that, I read somewhere he does not see himself staying in the game more than half a dozen years.

I really can see this heading Pip Neville's way knowing our chairman, that is what I believe will be the eventual result. Don't forget Neville has been practically undersutdying Moyes for the last year.

What the hack you're not getting it. Whether I know Mirallas before he signed means fcuk all (I ain't the manager of any football club ). He was an international who played for his national team already.

Moyes had done his research and would go for the best player if possible. Most of them are international whereas Martinez loved to sign fellow countryman from Spain. If you type their names in Youtube there won't be any videos of them because they are that "unknown" you see what I mean? Do you understand?
So you didn't, okay.

And how do you know Martinez also hasn't done that with certain players, even maybe Mirallas, but just didn't have the money, so he resorted to signing "fellow countrymen" for a mil or two?

So you didn't, okay.

And how do you know Martinez also hasn't done that with certain players, even maybe Mirallas, but just didn't have the money, so he resorted to signing "fellow countrymen" for a mil or two?

Because his transfer records speak for himself. He had money for transfer but he can choose to sign 2 average Spanish players for £4/5m instead of signing some better player such as Mirallas for the same amount. What I fear is he will do the same even he manages Everton because he may think those deals are value for money.

Because his transfer records speak for himself. He had money for transfer but he can choose to sign 2 average Spanish players for £4/5m instead of signing some better player such as Mirallas for the same amount. What I fear is he will do the same even he manages Everton because he may think those deals are value for money.

That's not how it works.

Wigan are a small team with a small wage budget and there's no chance they could have attracted a player like Mirallas.

Mirallas had the choice of Everton or Arsenal, are you suggesting that if Wigan bid he would have gone there instead?

It must take the piss being a mod at the moment

I don't understand why this is being modded so aggressively. I think it would be way easier to follow the discourse if each of the managers that are at least being talked about a lot like Martinez, Laudrup, Pereira etc. had their own thread so that I wouldn't have to scroll through 100 pages of comments to find out what people think about each one.

He wouldn't have the same limitations on wages with us as he would at Wigan.

Is Jason Scotland Spanish?
Hence the quotation marks.
What you should consider is the names.

Let's pretend you're a professional footballer, aged 24-5, and you play in a bad league. You wanna move up, you have a few offers, one from Everton, top tier, one from Wigan, very low tier, and one from team X, mid-table.

If you had to pick 2 of the 3 and leave one out, which one would you leave out?

You have no evidence he did not contact anyone from any better players agents/teams/whatever, cuz not everything makes the presses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back