Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
no matter who we get in will not get backed by the board, so they will have to be able to work on a tight budget and just do what bill tells them to do.

Wes Brown and Emile Heskey were both England internationals. Kroldrup was a Danish international, never mind some of the dross that play ahead of Gibson for Ireland. Being an international footballer does not necessarily mean they would be good signings for Everton.

Ok I see your point but you are using extreme examples. You have 20 good international, there must be 1 or 2 sh1t. And I am talking about Mirallas here not Heskey or Brown.

What? Pienaar surely?!

Anyway, I only knew of Mirallas cos I check a load of euro scores each week and saw he'd kept scoring so looked him up. And he played against England at Wembley.

I had never heard of Pienaar in my life.

I watched so much football in my gambling days, im sure I had seen him play, but he never stood out.

Who was the manager in charge when they lost all those players? Bruce? ...... Nope Martinez. If he can't hold onto players and then can't replace them. I don't want him. Regardless of the fact he can't win home games.

We need a manager who will push our board hard for support and funds. Lets not forget Martinez didn't need to leave Swansea. he went because he thought he could do better at Wigan. He's not this poor victim that's had everything go against him. he's the manager of a football club that's about to get relegated. The relegation will be down to him as the manager. You can't claim the credit for the highs. and then abdicate responsibility for the lows.

If BK was going to magically find funds to support a manager he would have given them to Moyes. The truth is he won't even entertain the thought of appointing a manager that is going to challenge him over money. He wants a loyal manager that won't rock the boat. I would be amazed if he appoints a manager he hasn't seen up close and personal over a few seasons. He won't risk it.

It is Martinez and I'm happy with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back