Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a shame that Laudrup is too scared to come to Everton, as he would definitely be a very good appointment.

He'd be worth the cash!

why is he too scared, he won a cup, and in Europe and found himself a top skilful striker for coppers, must be hard to walk away from them after 12 months.

I fear that he will go to sign those unknown Spanish average players instead of going for player like Mirallas even money is available.
Oh because Mirallas is so well known around everywhere and everyone didn't go "WHO?" when we were first linked.

Lol.

Just my tuppence worth (y)

I like Martinez and his teams fast, expressive style of football. There is obviously a dearth of quality at Wigan particularly compared to our current squad but that lack of quality is even wider when compared to the City squad that they manfully equaled and then surpassed to lift the cup last weekend. An achievement Moyes could never replicate at Everton but will go into every season at Manchester United as favourite to lift a trophy.

Modern day football is about realism and managing expectation because without millions/billions dreaming wont win a trophy, except for this seasons F.A cup (Wigan) and the league cup (Swansea/Martinez legacy). 2002 Everton had pretty much been on it's arse since the inception of the Premier league and a long way off being the club that won trophies on a regular basis and to top it off our next manager is going to be a fella that nearly got Preston North End up, great! Whats he going to do that the parting manager (Walter Smith) and winner of everything worth winning in Scottish football couldn't? As it turns out a hell of a lot, ok he never won anything but I didn't foresee a Champions league finishing position, positive Europa league campaign that I believe only Fiorentinas keeper stopped us from winning the whole competition (the atmosphere that night, like the good old days!) and Wembley visits. The current squad has a couple of world class players in at the moment, we also have stability and a foundation that the next manager will surely see as having potential to build on.

So whats Martinez ever done? Took over a struggling Kenny Jacket Swansea team half way thru the season and introduced football to League one, following season had an 18 game unbeaten run and won the league. First season in the Championship they finished 8th before bigger things at Wigan came calling, a club that has probably put less into squad than most of the teams around them and sold a lot of very influential players but have battled hard to stay in the league because of the motivation and belief raised from the manager despite the embarrassing home support turn out, QPR had a lot more potential and resources this season but if your players don't give a toss they wont play for you, least Wigan have fought to the end picked up a trophy and will play in Europe next season. At a bigger club with better players I think he has a chance of success.

Apologies for rambling on, :P but once you get started! by the way my manager pick would be Philippe Montanier.

why is he too scared, he won a cup, and in Europe and found himself a top skilful striker for coppers, must be hard to walk away from them after 12 months.

Top 6 and 7 should be playing in the Europa League instead of winners of those cups. Playing 38 games and get good results are much harder in my opinion.

even if/when Wigan do get relegated ,wouldn't be sure Martinez would take the post,a big parachute payment to get them back up add to that their in Europe next season,he might feel he has a duty to get them back up

Oh because Mirallas is so well known around everywhere and everyone didn't go "WHO?" when we were first linked.

Lol.

Mirallas was an international when we signed him. And Mirallas has proved he is a gem whereas those unknown Spanish average players are going down with Wigan tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back