Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez will come to club that has;
- Better Players.
- Bigger wage budget.
- Slightly better transfer budget.
- Better staff i.e Scouts etc

Moyes will also get basically what has been mentioned above, and me, personally thinks Moyes will be a success at United because of those things, you have to apply the same logic to Martinez.
I think he'll be a very good manager, hes much better than Lennon, Hughes, O'Neill, MacKay and anyone internal, simple as that.

Yeah this is why I would vote for Martinez as well. Kenwright will not hire managers from spain or Portugal.

Moyes never took a team down so for me given our penniless chairman and the fact that martinez will take wigan down the risks our bigger for us.. Man U can go out and get another manager at any time.

Mate I'm not banging the drum for Martinez just trying to add balance to the debate , the risks for united are huge as well though given the champions league and huge sponsorship deals as well as various other financial implications.

I wasnt particularly impressed with Martinez when he was linked to the RS job , obviously since then he's an FA Cuo winner but as has been said Big Joe first flirted with and was then subsequently relegated so I'm not sure that's enough to dismiss him out if hand .

The simple fact , for me is , that as I've said previous the shortlist list isn't stellar . There are arguments that can be Made for/against various managers do you feel anyone in particular is a stand out candidate mate ?

what worries me, with Martinez, is the anti Kenwright fans. They will use this in their arguement agaisnt him. He said he would listen to the fans but it seems the majority are against appointing Martinez. Which will make him seem like a liar from his statement

Mate I'm not banging the drum for Martinez just trying to add balance to the debate , the risks for united are huge as well though given the champions league and huge sponsorship deals as well as various other financial implications.

I wasnt particularly impressed with Martinez when he was linked to the RS job , obviously since then he's an FA Cuo winner but as has been said Big Joe first flirted with and was then subsequently relegated so I'm not sure that's enough to dismiss him out if hand .

The simple fact , for me is , that as I've said previous the shortlist list isn't stellar . There are arguments that can be Made for/against various managers do you feel anyone in particular is a stand out candidate mate ?

No Sheeds, the list is crap because the owner is a tramp.

IMHO, sell enough players to clear the debt, tell Bill and Co to do one, get a new owner with a wedge and a clue and the new manager will follow.

Another way to kill this club then. Not only he is skint and not selling the club.

Its very dangerous and risky to hire a manager who had no experience in this country, but we do have successful stories such as Wenger, Jose, Jol, and there many more. The best managers do seem to be Scottish tho.

Martinez has often moved for players that other clubs have wanted. Wigan are not a very attractive proposition.

Johnson and Stones are 2 obvious ones as they chose us. It must be hard to try and attract players to the poorest supported team in the league.

I mean he will still sign all those unknown players (instead of international) even money is available. I think.

One thing is for certain he cant bring hsi current list of summer targets he was making plans for to Evertonn not even the ones he had if Wigan stayed up.. he would need to tear that list up..

No Sheeds, the list is crap because the owner is a tramp.

IMHO, sell enough players to clear the debt, tell Bill and Co to do one, get a new owner with a wedge and a clue and the new manager will follow.

Sounds like a good plan. Hey when we're at it, we may as well win the league next year to bring in some cash.

I mean he will still sign all those unknown players (instead of international) even money is available. I think.

Mirallas was unknown before we signed him. He was playing in Greece. When it was announced people were arguing what position he played because nobody actually had a clue about him.

Its very dangerous and risky to hire a manager who had no experience in this country, but we do have successful stories such as Wenger, Jose, Jol, and there many more. The best managers do seem to be Scottish tho.

I know that is a gamble but to appoint Martinez is a big gamble too so I rather we appoint a manager with high calibre, given the choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back