Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boselli was the one disaster I was aware of, painfully expensive give he's their most expensive ever purchase. Then again every manager has their Kroldrup.

Boselli £6.5m
Ramis £5.2m
Beausejour £4.1m
Al Habsi £3.8m
Stam £3.5m
Kone £3.3m
McCarthy £3.1m
Diame £2.64m
Moses £2.6m
Di Santo £2.1m
Gomez £2.1m
Scotland £2m
Crusat £1.9m
Maloney £990k
Caldwell £968k
Sammon £616k
Fyvie £550k
McArthur £528k
Scharner £88k
Espinoza Free

He's made some reasonable acquisitions and only the one glaring blunder. He seems to recruit quite a lot from Scotland too.

We can dance around on net spends and losing/making money all day , moyes sold Rooney (who was obviously already here) for a very tidy sum and if any other club had come along for lescott the figures could surely look very different . Also has rightly said we'll never know if Wigan paid that kind of money for boselli or what we got for koldrup.

Moyes is rightly accepted as very good in the market , particularly at the level we all know he excels As for Martinez his record doesn't compare incredibly favourably but whose does ? I'm not sure gettin ourselves bogged down into transfer profits is the most useful way of Judging Martinez and his abilities or lack of them plus there are more than a few players we've signed that Wigan couldn't get near simply in the basis of wages again another blockage in his transfer policy.

The big gamble is exactly the same as the one united Face whether a manager will do better when in a dressing room of better players .

At the end of the day, when you compare both managers - who were in similar situations, fighting to survive - there is a massive gap. Moyes continued to improve us whilst we were down at the bottom of the league, Martinez has failed to do that. He has proven that he cannot use the market to find a bargain. He has brought many cheap players in but none have really improved them bar a few (Kone, Maloney, Ramis).

His defensive record ha been dire. We go on about their past players that were sold. Valencia - 16m, N'Zogbia - 9m, Palacios - 12m.. to name a few. What has he done with that money? Not buying the right players anyway.

I know it will be difficult to find another manager of Moyes' calibre, but we have to remember it's Everton here, we have got to show a lot more ambition if we want to succeed. I'm sorry Roberto Martinez is not ambition.

Boselli £6.5m
Ramis £5.2m
Beausejour £4.1m
Al Habsi £3.8m
Stam £3.5m
Kone £3.3m
McCarthy £3.1m
Diame £2.64m
Moses £2.6m
Di Santo £2.1m
Gomez £2.1m
Scotland £2m
Crusat £1.9m
Maloney £990k
Caldwell £968k
Sammon £616k
Fyvie £550k
McArthur £528k
Scharner £88k
Espinoza Free

He's made some reasonable acquisitions and only the one glaring blunder. He seems to recruit quite a lot from Scotland too.

Could be tips from Fergie and Moyes who Martinez is good friends with both. Moyes for us brought us gems such as lescott and Jags, cahill and pienaar, out of those signings you have listed. Who is their jags or cahill? some of his signings are no way as good as Moyes, is this due to wigan v Everton rather then Moyes v Martinez.

We can dance around on net spends and losing/making money all day , moyes sold Rooney (who was obviously already here) for a very tidy sum and if any other club had come along for lescott the figures could surely look very different . Also has rightly said we'll never know if Wigan paid that kind of money for boselli or what we got for koldrup.

Moyes is rightly accepted as very good in the market , particularly at the level we all know he excels As for Martinez his record doesn't compare incredibly favourably but whose does ? I'm not sure gettin ourselves bogged down into transfer profits is the most useful way of Judging Martinez and his abilities or lack of them plus there are more than a few players we've signed that Wigan couldn't get near simply in the basis of wages again another blockage in his transfer policy.

The big gamble is exactly the same as the one united Face whether a manager will do better when in a dressing room of better players .

Moyes never took a team down so for me given our penniless chairman and the fact that martinez will take wigan down the risks our bigger for us.. Man U can go out and get another manager at any time.

Martinez will come to club that has;
- Better Players.
- Bigger wage budget.
- Slightly better transfer budget.
- Better staff i.e Scouts etc

Moyes will also get basically what has been mentioned above, and me, personally thinks Moyes will be a success at United because of those things, you have to apply the same logic to Martinez.
I think he'll be a very good manager, hes much better than Lennon, Hughes, O'Neill, MacKay and anyone internal, simple as that.

- Better Players.
- Bigger wage budget.

Moyes will also get basically what has been mentioned above, and me, personally thinks Moyes will be a success at United because of those things, you have to apply the same logic to Martinez.
I think he'll be a very good manager, hes much better than Lennon, Hughes, O'Neill, MacKay and anyone internal, simple as that.

I fear that he will go to sign those unknown Spanish average players instead of going for player like Mirallas even money is available.

- Better Players.
- Bigger wage budget.

THIS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back