Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who was the manager in charge when they lost all those players? Bruce? ...... Nope Martinez. If he can't hold onto players and then can't replace them. I don't want him. Regardless of the fact he can't win home games.

We need a manager who will push our board hard for support and funds. Lets not forget Martinez didn't need to leave Swansea. he went because he thought he could do better at Wigan. He's not this poor victim that's had everything go against him. he's the manager of a football club that's about to get relegated. The relegation will be down to him as the manager. You can't claim the credit for the highs. and then abdicate responsibility for the lows.

Spot on.

just before martinez was appointed

Wilson Palacios was sold
Emile Heskey was sold
Amr Zaki loan wasn't made permanent
Lee Cattermole was sold
Antonio Valencia was sold

then every season after a key player was sold
-charles n zogbia
-victor moses

and some key players to them left on frees
-titus bramble
-Hugo Rodallega
-Paul Scharner
-diame

so comparing the two different managers is a bit silly
A lot of those players didn't all leave as soon as he set foot in the door though did they? Even when he had some of them he still couldn't get them higher than the bottom 5. It seems to me as though as he's nailed on to be our new manager, some are really trying to convince themselves that he's actually very good, when he plainly isn't.

A lot of those players didn't all leave as soon as he set foot in the door though did they? Even when he had some of them he still couldn't get them higher than the bottom 5. It seems to me as though as he's nailed on to be our new manager, some are really trying to convince themselves that he's actually very good, when he plainly isn't.

It's like we can be in top 4 if Rooney, Lescott, Cahill, Donovan and Arteta have not left. In reality, it won't happen. It is just nonsense to say what if Wigan have got this, have got that.

Who was the manager in charge when they lost all those players? Bruce? ...... Nope Martinez. If he can't hold onto players and then can't replace them. I don't want him. Regardless of the fact he can't win home games.

We need a manager who will push our board hard for support and funds. Lets not forget Martinez didn't need to leave Swansea. he went because he thought he could do better at Wigan. He's not this poor victim that's had everything go against him. he's the manager of a football club that's about to get relegated. The relegation will be down to him as the manager. You can't claim the credit for the highs. and then abdicate responsibility for the lows.

Look at this
Wigan
Chelsea
Man City
Chelsea
Chelsea
Portsmouth
Chelsea

do you know what that is, all the winners from the F.A cup, Portsmouth were playing Cardiff in the final. This is what we wanted from Moyes, a cup at least. Martinez done this on a team that was built on buttons. Yes it worrying that his team is going down but that could be down to lack of investments and to selling to many players. Would love to know his transfer budget and wage budget compared to Moyes.

but he wasnt really given the resources to replace them with, he had buy the two jimmy macs and bring them through, one of which will probably be off in the summer cause he has developed so much. and get people on the cheap

Look at this
Wigan
Chelsea
Man City
Chelsea
Chelsea
Portsmouth
Chelsea

do you know what that is, all the winners from the F.A cup, Portsmouth were playing Cardiff in the final. This is what we wanted from Moyes, a cup at least. Martinez done this on a team that was built on buttons. Yes it worrying that his team is going down but that could be down to lack of investments and to selling to many players. Would love to know his transfer budget and wage budget compared to Moyes.

We need to take into context how poor City were in that Cup Final, Wigan were helped tremendously by Roberto "whats a winger" Mancini and his pathetic 2007 tactics manual

Martinez is the lesser of a few evils, but we'll see. I really don't want Lennon, and for people saying he's won stuff, so had Walter Smith when he came in. the SPL is a joke of a league.

Shakin Stevens in......about as much chance of some of the exotic foreign names being sloshed around that most have only seen on Youtube this afternoon.

Its clearly going to be a Martinez/Pip or Martinez/Weir or Martinez/Stubbs combination. Different style with some defensive/club continuity.

AVB's Chelsea shindig will have put Bill off a foreign namez.

just before martinez was appointed

Wilson Palacios was sold
Emile Heskey was sold
Amr Zaki loan wasn't made permanent
Lee Cattermole was sold
Antonio Valencia was sold

then every season after a key player was sold
-charles n zogbia
-victor moses

and some key players to them left on frees
-titus bramble
-Hugo Rodallega
-Paul Scharner
-diame

so comparing the two different managers is a bit silly

Hahahahahahahahaha I don't think I've ever seen Titus described as a key player, unless you meant for the opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back