Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mirallas was an international when we signed him. And Mirallas has proved he is a gem whereas those unknown Spanish average players are going down with Wigan tonight.
So did you know who he was?

Or did you just google his name when he came up and went "yeah, looks good on youtube, and according to wiki he's also an international, sign him up!"?

Mirallas was an international when we signed him. And Mirallas has proved he is a gem whereas those unknown Spanish average players are going down with Wigan tonight.

Wes Brown and Emile Heskey were both England internationals. Kroldrup was a Danish international, never mind some of the dross that play ahead of Gibson for Ireland. Being an international footballer does not necessarily mean they would be good signings for Everton.

big issue with Martinez is the style of football. which seems to be the biggest attraction to a lot of people, as Brendan has proved a manager who doesn't adapt to what he has and change the style slowly is not a good manager. the issue seems straight forward to me the chances we create away from home compared to possession needs to improve so anyone who can get the right couple of players in to sort that and slowly bring younger players through will do well. Don't really see the desperate need for a messiah because we are not a team in need of upheaval just improving

So did you know who he was?

Or did you just google his name when he came up and went "yeah, looks good on youtube, and according to wiki he's also an international, sign him up!"?

What the hack you're not getting it. Whether I know Mirallas before he signed means fcuk all (I ain't the manager of any football club ). He was an international who played for his national team already.

Moyes had done his research and would go for the best player if possible. Most of them are international whereas Martinez loved to sign fellow countryman from Spain. If you type their names in Youtube there won't be any videos of them because they are that "unknown" you see what I mean? Do you understand?

I didnt.

I didnt even know who Felli was or Pienaar, I vaguely recalled Arteta from his Rangers days.

What? Pienaar surely?!

Anyway, I only knew of Mirallas cos I check a load of euro scores each week and saw he'd kept scoring so looked him up. And he played against England at Wembley.

If its Martinez you'd like to hope a chat to our scouts and probably even a phone call or 2 to moyes would be one of his first tasks. You would think we have transfer targets already lined up and Martinez would be clever not to deviate from that considerably.

Who ever he has been scouting I would imagine is not the quality for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back