Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mirallas had the choice of Everton or Arsenal, are you suggesting that if Wigan bid he would have gone there instead?

No, I am not using Mirallas as example. I mean he can look for player similar to Mirallas's ability. Of course it depends on his scouting network.

That's not how it works.

Wigan are a small team with a small wage budget and there's no chance they could have attracted a player like Mirallas.

I am not using Mirallas as example. I mean he can look for player similar to Mirallas's ability. Of course it depends on his scouting network and the truth is he loved to sign all those Spanish player.

That's not how it works.

Wigan are a small team with a small wage budget and there's no chance they could have attracted a player like Mirallas.

He wouldn't have the same limitations on wages with us as he would at Wigan.

In my opinion Spot on chaps , what's the highest earner on at Wigan ? Said it before I'd imagine its considerably less than someone like Yobo who signed a new deal years ago and was for many years effectively a squad 'filler' . We are comparing apples and oranges in many cases with the kind of player moyes was able to sign and those who'd agents who'd even answer the phone to Wigan .

We always got at Moyes for not getting the team playing well before christmas - Martinez doesn't get Wigan playing until April!! I would prefer us to take a look at Gus Poyet.

Hence the quotation marks.

What you should consider is the names.

Let's pretend you're a professional footballer, aged 24-5, and you play in a bad league. You wanna move up, you have a few offers, one from Everton, top tier, one from Wigan, very low tier, and one from team X, mid-table.

If you had to pick 2 of the 3 and leave one out, which one would you leave out?

You have no evidence he did not contact anyone from any better players agents/teams/whatever, cuz not everything makes the presses.

I actually did not mean Martinez should have signed Mirallas. What I mean is he cannot pick up good players for peanuts. Something he has to do given the situation he has had at Wigan.

I just hope that BK is taking advice from people who have a clue. It would be so easy to approach Martinez, but one glance at his management career shows he has not done great. (And one fluked FAC wont alter that). But he seems to be flavour of the month ATM, (Mike Walker anyone?).

Not saying he might be ace, but just worried.

I am not using Mirallas as example. I mean he can look for player similar to Mirallas's ability. Of course it depends on his scouting network and the truth is he loved to sign all those Spanish player.
He's probably found them, and has a shortlist of hundreds of them, all from everywhereelseexceptSpain.
Of course, I have enough just about enough proof for this as you have for your "he loves signing them" argument.

Truth is, he found bargains, for his club and for very very cheap.

*4 players are Spaniards in the current Wigan starters, with 1 being on loan, 2 being there for at least 2 years and one playing a total of 5 games or something. "Favours the Spaniards", this guy.

I actually did not mean Martinez should have signed Mirallas. What I mean is he cannot pick up good players for peanuts. Something he has to do given the situation he has had at Wigan.
Not everyone wants to go to relegation fodder.

Straight and to the point, no analogies or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back