Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Pereira wants to come to England and the Everton job is the only one available apart from Man City you think he'd say no? We're a big club. Saying he wouldn't come is stupid.

oh roberto, how did you do when your defence wasn't the worst in the league?

P W D L F A GD Pts
C 1 Swansea City 46 27 11 8 82 42 +40 92

He has bought most of thos edefenders mate. It is his fault they are the worst defence. He chose the players, he set the team up.

Can't wait for Martinez to get the job so i can sit back and watch the meltdown on here.

:)

And after 10 games you'll have egg on your face for thinking he was the right choice, for Christ sake we're Everton he shouldn't even be a choice, a last resort maybe.

On what reasoning?

You could very easily argue that Bill would want to do it on the cheap, and therefore prefer to appoint a manager without paying compensation.

Martinez will cost us millions, Pereira can be signed for free.

Martinez won't get big wages Pereira would probably demand more. Swings and roundabouts

Can someone tell me why Pereira would want and come and manage team that's not in Europe and the owners are itching to sell the best players this summer?

Incredible.

Pure fantasy.

Never going to happen.

He'd probably laugh his bollocks off at the suggestion.

Look mate we get it your pessimistic, you've been worn down by years of everton braking your heart.

But do you have to spout the same depressing crap one every god damm page?

Or just put "not going to happen" as your sig then you won't have to put anything just a blank post and we'll get it.

But with regards to your question. Pereira has said he wants to manage in the EPL, his contract is up at the end of the season and we are the best team in the EPL looking for a manager with regards to standings and players. Also we should have money to spend this window as well plus he is used to working on a budget and having his players sold on him. We also can pay him more.

I'm pretty neutral on the whole Martinez thing, but you can't expect Jagielka, Distin and..., well just those 2, to start defending like Wigan when/if Martinez turns up?

And after 10 games you'll have egg on your face for thinking he was the right choice, for Christ sake we're Everton he shouldn't even be a choice, a last resort maybe.

We were Everton when we hired Moyes. Worked out okay.

Except for the zero trophies thing. Martinez might sort that though.

Martinez_2561402b.jpg

I think he did great last season getting AZ 4th place and now he's just beat PSV in the cup, a Dutch manager will know how to work on a budget too although the quality of defence in Holland is rather shocking. The fact that he managed to make a striker out of Jozy Altidore is also nothing short of astonishing.

I'd certainly prefer him over the likes of Lennon, Jol and macKay. Not a bad shout at all as I said.

Also Martinez has had Stam,Figueroa,Ramis and Caldwell missing through injury which wouldnt have helped them

He'll get a CL club somewhere no bother. He wont get the wage Moyes was on, no chance. The board aren't going to pay £3.5M per year and have to pay him off if it goes wrong. He's inheriting what Kenwright will allow him to inherit. It's unstable at Everton. That feller will be boxed off and managing on the continent and in the CL next season...no question.

We need to knock the fantasy stuff on the head and get real.

I disagree.

It would be no surprise to hear that a manager has his heart set on managing in the Premier League, and there just aren't that many jobs available in the Premier League, there's certainly not a lot of Premier League jobs available that come bigger than Everton.

He isn't established enough to be demanding bigger jobs than the Everton one. He will end up at a smaller Premier League club if we don't get him, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back