Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We were Everton when we hired Moyes. Worked out okay.

Except for the zero trophies thing. Martinez might sort that though.

Martinez_2561402b.jpg

Boring. They are relegated.

I know he's on less than Moyes. And unless you can prove the opposite you have no argument.

How much is on mate do you have a figure?

What about a signing on fee are you certain he wasnt financially induced to leave Fulham?

All we have so far is your word, not to be cruel but id like a bit more then just you guessing.

We were Everton when we hired Moyes. Worked out okay.

Except for the zero trophies thing. Martinez might sort that though.

Martinez_2561402b.jpg

Will stop now because you're clearly incapable of realizing our position as a club has changed since 2002.

Maybe you're right though Martinez had a great trophy winning record unlike Vitor..

we just lost our manager to one of or arguably the biggest club in the World. And people want to replace him with the Wigan manager? If his team had played poorly in the FA Cup Final and lost I doubt people would be so lame. Replacing Moyes with the Porto manager seems so much more right. come on lads

anybody is a big gamble. we won't be getting anyone from abroad, that just doesn't seem like kenwright to me.

I guess 11 years of Moyes and the stability he has brought us has made me somewhat risk averse...
I would rather we bring in someone who can guarantee that we maintain where we are in the league first, steady the boat... So to speak... Before we attempt to push up higher in standings...
Martinez just doesn't fit the bill for me... Way too inconsistent...

How much is on mate do you have a figure?

What about a signing on fee are you certain he wasnt financially induced to leave Fulham?

All we have so far is your word, not to be cruel but id like a bit more then just you guessing.

Which is exactly what you did when you said Fulham could compete when it comes to manager wages.

I don't have to prove anything, that's not how it works. You make a claim, you need to support that claim. Seems you can't so you're spinning.

Imagine if we appoint a recent title-winning manager instead of one who just got his team relegated. Which one do you think will lead to interest in a takeover? come on lads

Will stop now because you're clearly incapable of realizing our position as a club has changed since 2002.

Maybe you're right though Martinez had a great trophy winning record unlike Vitor..

Which is exactly why we won't be in danger of relegation, but could win a trophy. Our squad could be managed by Howard Kendall on acid and we still wouldn't go down. What we might do though is win those important cup games which we bottled under Moyes.

Just watching the Martinez interview and the one thing that comes across to me is that he takes defeat too easy.

Not strong enough, yes they had injuries but cmon, 4 years of hovering g in the drop zone tell,s it,s own story.

Look mate we get it your pessimistic, you've been worn down by years of everton braking your heart.

But do you have to spout the same depressing crap one every god damm page?

Or just put "not going to happen" as your sig then you won't have to put anything just a blank post and we'll get it.

But with regards to your question. Pereira has said he wants to manage in the EPL, his contract is up at the end of the season and we are the best team in the EPL looking for a manager with regards to standings and players. Also we should have money to spend this window as well plus he is used to working on a budget and having his players sold on him. We also can pay him more.

Hand on heart: do you see Kenwright having a short-list with Pereira on it?

Really?

Just watching the Martinez interview and the one thing that comes across to me is that he takes defeat too easy.

Not strong enough, yes they had injuries but cmon, 4 years of hovering g in the drop zone tell,s it,s own story.

What would you like him to do, cry/nervous breakdown/douse himself with a can of petrol with matches at the ready?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back