Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, i stopped at the daily mail, ill even call into question the viability of Pluri Consultoria. Lol even the mail qute them as some lads from Brazil.

Your also forgetting the likes of the hefty signing on fee he would have got, he would have got to entice him leaving Ajax - what sane person wold leave Ajax for Fulham without getting wedge.

I love the way you hate being wrong and just dig deeper.

You've not provided ANY evidence that Fulham are paying close to what Moyes was earning for Everton. How can i be wrong when you've not backed up your claim whatsoever ?

You've called the firm's validity into question, based on what ? You must have something to make you question it, no ?

And it was bollocks every time.

Our fans fetish away wins in a completely unreasonable way. Like the bloke who was saying the 90s were better than the last year for everton because we won at old trafford. We lost to man u more in general and beat them less in general, but we're somehow meant to value that 1 away win over 4 home wins, it's fecking weird. You get 3 points both ways,

Not the fact that we never won, just that we went there and just bent over.

Don't get the pull in Vitor, we don't seem like a club that would suit him or any other foreign league manager. I think it has flop written all over it. We need someone that understands the English League and the Everton way.

Can someone tell me why Pereira would want and come and manage team that's not in Europe and the owners are itching to sell the best players this summer?

Incredible.

Pure fantasy.

Never going to happen.

He'd probably laugh his bollocks off at the suggestion.

Because he'd get a pay rise.

Because he'd be managing in the most high profile league in the world.

Because he's soon to be unemployed.

Because he'd be inheriting a good squad of players that could progress into the top 4 under the correct stewardship.

Then why would Martinez, Dave? You are a fan.

He has the backing of his chairman and some decent backing in the transfer market too.

Martinez is realistic, you cant say that about the Senor Fancy Dan's the fantasists are putting forward here. Martinez has undoubted qualities, we can all agree on that. He'll have a better class of defender at this club that's for sure (and I also accept his words on the injuries he's had to cope with...all club's get them, but a club with their resources it can be disastrous). I think the cup run did affect them, Martinez said not, but I think it did.

He's way ahead of all the other realistic candidates for me. Take the Euro manager fantasy out of the equation and give me an alternative.

Plays positive attacking football, gets his players to perform on the big stage, wants total control like Moyes had, wouldn't run off after a couple of seasons like Laudrup.

But Roberto, You have so far conceded 71 goals this campaign alone in the league, should I be worried about my back four leaking goals? We have been consistent defensively this season and kept many clean sheets. How can I be sure this won't be jeopardised?

Shoot......

So basically its Rangers Vs Celtic but in Portugal?

Great

Count me in

I've raised this myself and nobody has really quashed it, because nobody watches the Portugese league.

People who act like Pereira wouldn't be a risk are taking the piss. He's done what Lennon did this season, basically.

You've not provided ANY evidence that Fulham are paying close to what Moyes was earning for Everton. How can i be wrong when you've not backed up your claim whatsoever ?

You've called the firm's validity into question, based on what ? You must have something to make you question it, no ?

Ha your furious i can tell. This is what i love about this forum, gives young lads a chance.

How much is Jol on a season mate, do you know anything about his signing on fee, do you know any of this?

Plays positive attacking football, gets his players to perform on the big stage, wants total control like Moyes had, wouldn't run off after a couple of seasons like Laudrup.

He plays mindless Championship attacking football with what looks to be Ian Holloway's defense 2010 diary stashed in his coat pocket.

The manager makes the players play not the other way around.

But Roberto, You have so far conceded 71 goals this campaign alone in the league, should I be worried about my back four leaking goals? We have been consistent defensively this season and kept many clean sheets. How can I be sure this won't be jeopardised?

Shoot......

Everton's back four is slightly better than the injury ravaged defensive line of Wigan, whose first eleven is already weaker than ours.

He plays mindless Championship attacking football with what looks to be Ian Holloway's defense 2010 diary stashed in his coat pocket.

The manager makes the players play not the other way around.

Clearly you didn't watch the match on Saturday then, or you have the football evaluation skills of a dead frog.

Appointing Martinez would be a big gamble, IMHO...
He's just way too inconsistent for me... All it takes is a couple of sh1te results in August and we could be in for a very LONG season!

Just because we got right with Moyes 11 years ago, doesn't mean it'll happen again...
Lightning doesn't strike in the same place twice!

anybody is a big gamble. we won't be getting anyone from abroad, that just doesn't seem like kenwright to me.

I've already agreed it was a good thing? I'm not disputing the trophy.

Why can't people see that???

So you would accept winning a trophy if it meant relegation?

I'm just being a [Poor language removed] tbh. Martinez is not anything special, i just think people are going way over the top suggesting he will get us fighting relegation just because that's what he's done at tiny wigan and their no mark players. People seem to look past the fact that when he built one of the better teams in the league at swansea he steam-rolled it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back