Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Moyes won feck all in 11 years at Everton, this must mean he will win Feck all at Man Utd then, in fact Man Utd will only finish 6th or 7th and go out the cup to weak teams...after all thats what Moyes does.

skills - winning the FA Cup
skills - Not winning anything

swings and roundabouts

I've already agreed it was a good thing? I'm not disputing the trophy.

Why can't people see that???

So you would accept winning a trophy if it meant relegation?

Can someone tell me why Pereira would want and come and manage team that's not in Europe and the owners are itching to sell the best players this summer?

Incredible.

Pure fantasy.

Never going to happen.

He'd probably laugh his bollocks off at the suggestion.

Benfica are the biggest Club in Portugal.

The Portugese League has a number of good teams, Sporting Lisbon, Braga, Benfica.

Hahahaha Nonsense GOAT

Benfica have won the title twice since 94

Porto have won it 11 times

Porto are the big dogs, Basically you fail to win the league you fail as a manager

This cats done nothing but whats expected

None of martinez' wins against specific "bigger" clubs matters. The duffer can't sustain consistency over season. Moyes was nothing if not consistent. Sadly, it was consistent mediocrity and bottling it whenever it really mattered. Glad to see the back of him, but doubt roberto's the answer

okay, i'm only partly messing with my martinez backing here, i think we can attract better and the only reason i'm discussing him is because it'd realistic due to our useless chairman.

Jagielka, Baines, Distin, Coleman, Pienaar, Fellaini, Barkley, Osman, Mirallas, Gibson, Oviedo, Jelavic, Howard

does anyone seriously think we have a squad capable of being relegated just because a potential manager got a first team consisting of
Di Santo, caldwell, boyce, joel, ben watson etc.

not to stay up for more than 3 years in a row? Not saying he'll be a success, but he's nowhere near a bad enough manager to have our squad fighting relegation

I just hate the so-called "attractive" style and he is just inept in defending tactics. 3-4-3 or something. Even with sh1te players you can't really concede 71 goals right that is shocking.

Brennan, Bill Kenwright turns to you and says "Why should I hire Roberto Martinez?"

Without thinking, your answer would be........?

Seemingly a lot of people, as that stat was used against Moyes all the time.

And it was bollocks every time.

Our fans fetish away wins in a completely unreasonable way. Like the bloke who was saying the 90s were better than the last year for everton because we won at old trafford. We lost to man u more in general and beat them less in general, but we're somehow meant to value that 1 away win over 4 home wins, it's fecking weird. You get 3 points both ways,

You don't have to be a genius to realise it's not him.

On what reasoning?

You could very easily argue that Bill would want to do it on the cheap, and therefore prefer to appoint a manager without paying compensation.

Martinez will cost us millions, Pereira can be signed for free.

Everton should at least consider Pavel Vrba from Viktoria Plzen. He is an amazing manager, he turned an average Czech team to the best team in the Czech Republic with really good results in Europe with only little of cash available.

Hahahaha Nonsense GOAT

Benfica have won the title twice since 94

Porto have won it 11 times

Porto are the big dogs, Basically you fail to win the league you fail as a manager

This cats done nothing but whats expected

3 times since 94 mate.

Come on, your better than this.

Fortuna Sittard mate. Verbeek isn't a bad shout tbh. Didn't realy think of him, but would be a very interesting name to throw in the hat.

I think he did great last season getting AZ 4th place and now he's just beat PSV in the cup, a Dutch manager will know how to work on a budget too although the quality of defence in Holland is rather shocking. The fact that he managed to make a striker out of Jozy Altidore is also nothing short of astonishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back