Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Changing the subject for a second, just realised we have lost only 6 games this season, only one more than Manchester United who have lost 5. The obvious difference being United managing to turn draws in to wins largely by having Van Persie and Rooney and Hernandez up front as apposed to Jelavic and Anichebe.

If the board had just managed to support Moyes a little in January and invest in a top quality forward, I'm convinced we would have had a great shot at the top 4.

Yeah your mum is dead ugly there.

71035_316736818395_1076854_n.jpg

You said...

I've just proven to you that he's had money to spend, so you can't use that as an excuse.

I didn't say he hasn't had money to spend. I said that it's not financially his responsibility to compensate for the lack of income if you're relegated. HK was acting as if Martinez should have spent more money to keep Wigan up, when that is obviously out of his control.

I think anyone wanting Pereira to come here should look at AVB as a good example...
He came to Chelsea after being successful in the Portuguese league...
First season in the EPL and he messed big time! I think he realized that the EPL is nothing like the Portuguese league...
Got sacked and took up the reigns at Spuds... Learned from his mistakes and is now doing better...
Do we want Everton to be the club that Pereira learns his mistakes on?
Unlike Chelsea, a scenario like that could be a disaster of cataclysmic proportions for a club like Everton....

Nope, not ignoring his flaws. Simply saying his flaws aren't that big of a deal.

As opposed to wanting a manager in from a league most of you have probably never watched.

I bet most of the people in this thread couldn't even give the proper name of the Portugese league without googling it, or name more than four of the teams.

You said earlier that pereira was your preferred choice, so I assume you're including yourself in that narrow minded, generalist ****e?

God you would think Martinez and Pareira were the only two managers in world football. I'd be sounding out DeBoer. Maybe pie in the sky but then we are an established top 7 club in the highest profile league in world football and could probably offer him a significant pay rise and some stability.

It's probably easier to concentrate on the cons of all the candidates but for the Porto lid he's a coach not a manager isn't he? The on the field stuff being managed is as important as the off the field control for our new manager so wouldn't that rule him out?

I honestly don't know that much about him but though in Portugal the system is similar to other leagues on the continent where he focuses on the playing side only?

This is my worry, I can't pretend I know, but if this guy is a 'coach' & not a 'manager' then it's unlikely Everton want him

I didn't say he hasn't had money to spend. I said that it's not financially his responsibility to compensate for the lack of income if you're relegated. HK was acting as if Martinez should have spent more money to keep Wigan up, when that is obviously out of his control.

Ah okay didn't get what hktoffee was getting at, thought you were arguing that he didn't spend any money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back