Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you're having to pay terrible wages and sign players for free or for £500k the majority of the time you're bound to end up with a lot of crap.

Wigan's scouting network won't be the best either i'd wager.

Depends on the management system which is in place.

Besides, scouts also want paying, and Wigan don't pay anybody big wages.

I think if you look at Wigan's transfers and consider the money he's had Martinez has done okay.

Moses, Diame, Kone, McCarthy, Al Habsi for £9.2m

I didn't say he hasn't had money to spend. I said that it's not financially his responsibility to compensate for the lack of income if you're relegated. HK was acting as if Martinez should have spent more money to keep Wigan up, when that is obviously out of his control.

you what lad?

Because he isn't good enough for Everton, and because there are better options available for free.

Why waste 5 million on a crap manager when it could go towards signing a player like Soldado?

If Pereira is free, he has better options elsewhere with European football competitions attached to them.

We need to focus on what's possible.

Generally speaking I'm staggered at the acceptance of 11 years of underachievement from the outgoing manager and the rejection by many of the same people of a manager who's quite obviously his tactical superior.

Because he isn't good enough for Everton, and because there are better options available for free.

Why waste 5 million on a crap manager when it could go towards signing a player like Soldado?

Martinez has only got one year left on his contract and Whelan has said that he won't stand in his way if he wants to go. So where did you get this £5m figure from?

Ok mate! Your even boring me now! I choose life, rather then being right (ha it possibly doesn't mean everything)! :lol:(y)

Surely the fact that you can't admit you're wrong proves otherwise.

If you'd actually posted something to show i was wrong i'd happily admit it, but you've just acted like a whopper. Artetafan also noticed your logic failure but hey.

Hadn't seen he was ignoring it cos it's the mail.

For the record, neiller, they didn't do the research they've merely translated a dutch article from voetball magazine. People are just linking to the mail cos it's in english.

I don't know why. There's several lists findable by google, one by a brazilian company, one by the dutch, one by the americans and they all give similar figures. All of them rate Moyes at about 3 million a year and none feature Jol at all.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back