Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Periera, Rafael, Laudrup wont come here

Most wont come here.

We will be left with Hughes, Harry or the back room boys.

Still as long as we dont have Rodgers.

Jurgen Klopp was relegated with Mainz, AVB as relegated with some Portuguese minnow club, I believe the same with Mourinho. Wigan are by far the smallest club in the premier league, have been crippled with injury problems, yet they have not been cut that far adrift going into the final few games and they won the FA cup via outplaying the richest club in world football and us at Goodison Park, he has found players like McArthur, McCarthy, Kone, Moses and brought the very best out of Maloney for a very low fee. The comments about the defence, well good defenders cost a lot of money. Wigan couldn't afford to pay £5m each for their back line like Everton from other premier league clubs. He has done an absolutely sensational job at Wigan and I believe they could count themselves very unlucky to be going down, they have been better performance wise than the likes of Stoke, Norwich, Southampton, Newcastle and Sunderland. I don't understand the big issue. He's a classy guy from what I can tell, he would speak very well of our club and talk positively in press conferences and really talk our chances up, may be that psychological boost to our squad that Moyes OTT realism couldn't draw and get us an extra 6-9 points next season. We may even win away to a top four side. With a back four of Baines, Coleman, Jagielka and Distin you really can't go too far wrong. The only time he had money to go and buy a good defender from the off was Ramis and he really did look like a very good CB until he got injured.

Can't believe what I'm reading. Eddie Howe? The man with no experience of managing in a top division? No experience of managing top level players? Never had to try and bring in the calibre of players a top six club requires to maintain their position, if not push on, using a tight knit budget? Yeah lets give him the job. I'm sure the players will have 100% faith in him being the right man to carry on where Moyes left off.

Unbelievable

The above applys for all lower league managers and those from within the club.

no one knows, just like no ones about the man himself. If his name was Vincent Perry, no one would want him as manager

It's something worth bearing in mind. I admit Vitor does sound like a decent option but you have to question why Porto aren't so keen on keeping him...

Don't know if i've ever read more utter tosh than that article in my life.

For example:

He’s a master of rotation. Chelsea are on the verge of completing a 69 game season and although he’s not been in charge for the entire campaign, he’s used his players superbly.

Juan Mata will play his 63rd game tonight.

Seriously have a read of that article.

Fcuk me I've finally caught up. Hats off to Brennan and anyone else on this thread last night who had the patience to reply to the same anti-Martinez questions over and over again.
"But he's been relegated!" "He's had years to sort that defence out" "Rather have Eddie Howe or Rafael"
AAAAAARRRRRGGGHHHH.

If you expect us to get a Joachim Loew or Marcelo Bielsa then you really should have persuaded everyone you've ever met to get down the blue union marches, cos we'll never be that ambitious under this board.

I'm starting to worry! this is dragging on and on! is this not the 2nd week now? pre-season starts in 6 weeks time!

KENWRIGHT OUT!!!!!!

Didn't he have a 50% win average when he was at Swansea with a more competitive budget for the competition?

If any serious Evertonian says benitez for the manager's job then they need to have a serious think about life. He's wrong on so many levels.

Sorry, but I disagree. I hate the man for what he said about us, the fact he squandered so much at the RS; but at the end of the day football is about winning tropheys, and I would have confidence of him delivering some. I want silverware, an FA Cup a Carling Cup, anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back