Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it is silly to not want Rafael at Everton... just maybe. But whatever, as far as I'm concerned Rafael can find the nearest race track and bail.

Moyes had no experience in the Prem when he took over. Sod it, Im going for a Big Dunc, Howard Kendall dream team!! Be amusing to see HK off his nut on booze in the dugout!!

Sorry, but I disagree. I hate the man for what he said about us, the fact he squandered so much at the RS; but at the end of the day football is about winning tropheys, and I would have confidence of him delivering some. I want silverware, an FA Cup a Carling Cup, anything.

Has he ever won trophies without spending massive amounts of cash? He spent a fortune at the rs and complained that he needed more. He made himself and them a laughing stock with his facthunt rant. He constantly falls out with players and has the most bizare rotation policy. Even the rs fans claimed he didn't understand the importance of games when he was there. He's had the same issues at the rs, Inter and Chelsea.

I believe he's a really nice guy on a personal level, but under the media pressure he's tended to crumble and point the blame at everyone but himself.

Jurgen Klopp was relegated with Mainz, AVB as relegated with some Portuguese minnow club, I believe the same with Mourinho. Wigan are by far the smallest club in the premier league, have been crippled with injury problems, yet they have not been cut that far adrift going into the final few games and they won the FA cup via outplaying the richest club in world football and us at Goodison Park, he has found players like McArthur, McCarthy, Kone, Moses and brought the very best out of Maloney for a very low fee. The comments about the defence, well good defenders cost a lot of money. Wigan couldn't afford to pay £5m each for their back line like Everton from other premier league clubs. He has done an absolutely sensational job at Wigan and I believe they could count themselves very unlucky to be going down, they have been better performance wise than the likes of Stoke, Norwich, Southampton, Newcastle and Sunderland. I don't understand the big issue. He's a classy guy from what I can tell, he would speak very well of our club and talk positively in press conferences and really talk our chances up, may be that psychological boost to our squad that Moyes OTT realism couldn't draw and get us an extra 6-9 points next season. We may even win away to a top four side. With a back four of Baines, Coleman, Jagielka and Distin you really can't go too far wrong. The only time he had money to go and buy a good defender from the off was Ramis and he really did look like a very good CB until he got injured.
Except he plays with a back three.

Jurgen Klopp was relegated with Mainz, AVB as relegated with some Portuguese minnow club, I believe the same with Mourinho. Wigan are by far the smallest club in the premier league, have been crippled with injury problems, yet they have not been cut that far adrift going into the final few games and they won the FA cup via outplaying the richest club in world football and us at Goodison Park, he has found players like McArthur, McCarthy, Kone, Moses and brought the very best out of Maloney for a very low fee. The comments about the defence, well good defenders cost a lot of money. Wigan couldn't afford to pay £5m each for their back line like Everton from other premier league clubs. He has done an absolutely sensational job at Wigan and I believe they could count themselves very unlucky to be going down, they have been better performance wise than the likes of Stoke, Norwich, Southampton, Newcastle and Sunderland. I don't understand the big issue. He's a classy guy from what I can tell, he would speak very well of our club and talk positively in press conferences and really talk our chances up, may be that psychological boost to our squad that Moyes OTT realism couldn't draw and get us an extra 6-9 points next season. We may even win away to a top four side. With a back four of Baines, Coleman, Jagielka and Distin you really can't go too far wrong. The only time he had money to go and buy a good defender from the off was Ramis and he really did look like a very good CB until he got injured.

The problem is he's nothing special. He's finished the season with Wigan in 18th which is about right considering their wage budget. Swansea have finished around 9 places higher than what they should have and we've finished about 4 places higher. Following Bruce he took the 6th best defence and made them into the second worst and 4 places lower in the league.

Hes nothing special at all, if he was called Robert Martin no body would be arsed.

Neil Lennon just took Celtic to their lowest ever title winning points total, in a one team league.

Don't be so daft. Lennon is a winner. He won the league and gave them their best run in the Champions League for ages. By anyone's logic he's had a very good season there.

Without Rangers the league up there will always be compromised. Just like Man Utd's form always dips ridiculously after they win a title then so too would any team's in a one-horse league.

There are reasons to object to Lennon's appointment but don't pick ones that make you sound as if you're talking out of your arse.

The problem is he's nothing special. He's finished the season with Wigan in 18th which is about right considering their wage budget. Swansea have finished around 9 places higher than what they should have and we've finished about 4 places higher. Following Bruce he took the 6th best defence and made them into the second worst and 4 places lower in the league.

Hes nothing special at all, if he was called Robert Martin no body would be arsed.
You can't put in a class defensive display when your back line consists of Boyce, Caldwell, Beausejour and Scharner no actual way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back