Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but I disagree. I hate the man for what he said about us, the fact he squandered so much at the RS; but at the end of the day football is about winning tropheys, and I would have confidence of him delivering some. I want silverware, an FA Cup a Carling Cup, anything.

If you really believe that - and it's not a wind-up - then you Sir are a helmet.

The mere idea we should have a RS cast-off that their mob idolise is beyond insulting - even before you get to the history of what he's said about us. The atmosphere at Stamford Bridge was poisonous and there's only a tenth of the history between us and them

I'd rather Big Dunc got the job than Rafael. I actually would.

I think I'd actually rather have Neil Lennon over Rafael too. But that makes me feel ill.

You really aren't living up to your sig are you?

Hahaha.

I'm just getting a bit fed up of this now. I want a decision one way or another, although I think a decision has already made and we're just waiting on formalities/end of season.

If we get Martinez in though then I'll look forward to having an attack minded team, as opposed to leaking loads of goals!

OPTIMISM!

I keep changing my mind about Martinez. He has pro's and cons, anyone just ruling him out as not good enough is just being stupid. If you did not take chances we would not have ended up with Moyes.

I still think he is a sideways step though and not a forward one.

There are no outstanding candidates though, and that is what is worrying.

oh and Rafael? do me a favour! we are too small time for him anyway, the man called us a small club and for that reason alone the chances of him becoming manager are impossible.

Duncan Ferguson would be sheer lunacy.

Why is Harry redknapp not being mentioned by anyone???

Please don't come back with he's a crook, will bankrupt us ect...

Judging his man management, tactics, style of play and signing players (for us on our budget) ect...

Was doing a great job at spurs, has done at other clubs, was not long ago was mooted as England boss

If I'm bein honest, I'd rather him than anyone else mentioned!

Not sure if he's the man for Everton but I think Redknapp is a good manager.

He'll spend too much money if his employers are stupid enough to let him, but he finished fourth twice as Tottenham manager under a chairman who doesn't allow frivolous spending - something the more fashionable Villas-Boas has failed to do this season.

Has he ever won trophies without spending massive amounts of cash? He spent a fortune at the rs and complained that he needed more. He made himself and them a laughing stock with his facthunt rant. He constantly falls out with players and has the most bizare rotation policy. Even the rs fans claimed he didn't understand the importance of games when he was there. He's had the same issues at the rs, Inter and Chelsea.

I believe he's a really nice guy on a personal level, but under the media pressure he's tended to crumble and point the blame at everyone but himself.

He won the League and UEFA at Valenica, he did inherit a good team, but he still won it. At the RS they just gave him so much money he lost total control and went ape; he's won 14 out of 25 in the league at Chelsea and is in the Europa League. Inter was a right off.

I'm just saying that out of the possibilities available, he would be the only one that I would have confidence in winning a cup. I'm fed of waiting, we've been to one final in 18 years and its killing me. We have a really good squad, so its not a pipe dream that we should be contending for tropheys.

Hahaha.

I'm just getting a bit fed up of this now. I want a decision one way or another, although I think a decision has already made and we're just waiting on formalities/end of season.

If we get Martinez in though then I'll look forward to having an attack minded team, as opposed to leaking loads of goals!

OPTIMISM!

Or our attacking nature will cost us more goals on the counter

ARRGGGHHHH!!! CAN'T WIN!!!!

I wouldn't mind Martinez though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back