Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get why people want Martinez. He does seem to favour playing attractive football and after 11 years of the same manager the desire is always going to be there for a change.

I just like to air on the side of caution, we're not like Chelsea who can appoint another manager year after year and go again to challenge for the title. Martinez could come in, completely flop from the pressure of being in charge at a big club and we'd be left in a rut that'll be difficult to get out of.
We're the only ones who think we're a big club. He'll have no pressure other than to stay up. Do you think the board really care as long as we're in the league? Theyve got no ambition at all.

We're the only ones who think we're a big club. He'll have no pressure other than to stay up. Do you think the board really care as long as we're in the league? Theyve got no ambition at all.

TBH mate, I agree that the 'big club' status has probably passed us by since the majority of our supporters are happy to see us branded as plucky little Everton, but if Martinez came here he'd still be under a lot more scrutiny than he ever was at Wigan.

I pray to God our fans wouldn't accept flirting with relegation again.

The summer of 2013 is going to me monumental for Everton football Club, that's for sure! I have a strange feeling Moyes will have signed his new 4 year deal well before then........

TBH mate, I agree that the 'big club' status has probably passed us by since the majority of our supporters are happy to see us branded as plucky little Everton, but if Martinez came here he'd still be under a lot more scrutiny than he ever was at Wigan.

I pray to God our fans wouldn't accept flirting with relegation again.

Some of our fans are brain dead and if you asked them right now, they'd still back Kenwright.

It's time for him to go now, this club needs a new direction.

Who honestly is happy with Moyes tacticts and footballing philosophy (ie: percentage football) for four more years if he signs a new deal? The reason we have not won anything in 11 years is because he is not good enough

The summer of 2013 is going to me monumental for Everton football Club, that's for sure! I have a strange feeling Moyes will have signed his new 4 year deal well before then........

or it could just be the same as every other season; we won't buy anyone, may sell a big player, finish the following season 8th and repeat.

It's time for him to go now, this club needs a new direction.

Who honestly is happy with Moyes tacticts and footballing philosophy (ie: percentage football) for four more years if he signs a new deal? The reason we have not won anything in 11 years is because he is not good enough

his tactics have killed us. all we do is hoof it to fellaini with does not work

I don't even want my mind to think about that. Christ almighty, the only candidate worse than Allardyce is McClaren!

All depends on when he leaves. He leaves now, we'll end up with Dowie or Round til' end of season. If he honors his contract, god knows, but I would put Martinez favourite for it.

I see your McClaren, and raise you with Alex "big eck" McCleish

If we end up with McLeish, I am done with us.

Horrible thing is, its 1000% more likely than the likes of Martinez or Laudrup that have been getting mentioned.

My main issue with Martinez is that he hasn't moved Wigan on from relegation candidates to being secure in the league, so what chance him transforming us into a top 4 team?

He has also sold his best players over the years eg.
Moses
Diame left on a free for more money
Valencia
palacios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back