Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the stuff we played this season was some of the best football played by anyone in the league.

But we only play sh1te football eh

Mick we played some good stuff the first 2 months of the season

We have been piss poor for a while now

All day our tactic was knocking a dia ball over the top to Fellaini/Vic and all day it did not work

Moyes has one way of playing and if that fails well hey he will just carry on regardless

Wigan were absolutely shocking against Liverpool at home just last week, Martinez' heaviest defeats are even worse than Moyes', with him overseeing a 9-1 defeat at Spurs. I think it might be time for Moyes to go, but I'd say Moyes is a better manager than Martinez.

The big concern with Martinez is that his teams languish at the bottom of the table and only perform when their survival is under threat. It suggests that they're too relaxed or under-motivated. They play some good football but they regularly suffer heavy defeats and Martinez's win record is only 28.22% at Wigan compared to 41.93 for Moyes.

Wigan were absolutely shocking against Liverpool at home just last week, Martinez' heaviest defeats are even worse than Moyes', with him overseeing a 9-1 defeat at Spurs. I think it might be time for Moyes to go, but I'd say Moyes is a better manager than Martinez.

Not disagreeing with any of that but they were very impressive today. They do concede too many goals though which is why they are always fighting relegation.

sweet dreams lad , get that gas leak in your ken fixed asap

How much money has Martinez had to spend compared with Moyes. Honest question. Don't quote net spend as moyes has had from the top of my head the Rooney money and Lescott money to be able to build a team. Has Martinez had this luxury?

Not disagreeing with any of that but they were very impressive today. They do concede too many goals though which is why they are always fighting relegation.

To paraphrase Alan Pardew, Martinez's team gave us a "footballing lesson" today. In an ideal world Moyes would learn from it and use it for us in future. Unfortunately, I think the manager will more likely put it down to 'luck' and 'desire' and carry on as he always does.

To paraphrase Alan Pardew, Martinez's team gave us a "footballing lesson" today. In an ideal world Moyes would learn from it and use it for us in future. Unfortunately, I think the manager will more likely put it down to 'luck' and 'desire' and carry on as he always does.

Very good point.
What if City batter us next week ? Desire ??

How much money has Martinez had to spend compared with Moyes. Honest question. Don't quote net spend as moyes has had from the top of my head the Rooney money and Lescott money to be able to build a team. Has Martinez had this luxury?

I'm not one of these 'net spend' blerts, if you're going to go down that route then you should make the comparison based on your players' current value. There's no point in referring to Leighton Baines as a 6million pound player anymore, because he is worth triple that! So I don't subscribe to the default 'net spend' excuse.

Martinez has had some money to spend and like many managers hasn't always spent it well. His Wigan teams haven't really improved, they've stayed at the same crap level as when he arrived. They're through to a Semi-Final after beating an Everton side that didn't have a central midfield for half the game. Big deal, crap teams get through to Semi-Finals all the time.

I remember us slaughtering Newcastle in the first half at Goodison this year with free flowing football. For every performance Wigan put in like that they're capable of 5 on the spin where they look absolutely clueless.

As I've stated previously my main reservation with Martinez is there's been no improvement to their situation. Steve Bruce managed to get them to mid table safety, Martinez hasn't.

I'm not one of these 'net spend' blerts, if you're going to go down that route then you should make the comparison based on your players' current value. There's no point in referring to Leighton Baines as a 6million pound player anymore, because he is worth triple that! So I don't subscribe to the default 'net spend' excuse.

Martinez has had some money to spend and like many managers hasn't always spent it well. His Wigan teams haven't really improved, they've stayed at the same crap level as when he arrived. They're through to a Semi-Final after beating an Everton side that didn't have a central midfield for half the game. Big deal, crap teams get through to Semi-Finals all the time.

But isn't it because of our crap manager that we didn't have a central midfield for half the game?.

Keep your stilettos on Trev it was a genuine question with no hidden agenda..........chill man

But isn't it because of our crap manager that we didn't have a central midfield for half the game?.

Yeah, it was. Although not strengthening in January played its part. I'm just making the point that I think Moyes is a better manager than Martinez. Martinez might bring a change, but I doubt he would bring an improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back