Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember us slaughtering Newcastle in the first half at Goodison this year with free flowing football. For every performance Wigan put in like that they're capable of 5 on the spin where they look absolutely clueless.

As I've stated previously my main reservation with Martinez is there's been no improvement to their situation. Steve Bruce managed to get them to mid table safety, Martinez hasn't.

As frustrating as Moyes can be he's the safest pair of hands. If we could improve by about 5% we would be genuine contenders for a top 4 finish. I wouldn't want to risk starting again to try and bridge the gap because it could all easily fall apart.

Allerdyce wouldn't be a bad replacement if you're worried about us getting relegated without moyes, he'd keep us top half at least i reckon.

We'd get long ball all the time rather than just a lot of the time though.

I like the way Roberto Martinez wants his teams to play, he has a decent side that I believe is most likely to stay up despite having the lowest budget, he just out did Moyes and managed a team that tonked us at home, my feeling is that I hope Moyes leaves in the summer and we can get Martinez to instil a style of play into the club and take us further. Moyes has done great but i'm bored of him now, I want to see something change.

martinez didnt want the villa or ****e jobs where he would have had backing and money to strenghten so if moyes does go why would he want to come here where he,l have no money to spend bar some of the cash we get for felli

I like the way Roberto Martinez wants his teams to play, he has a decent side that I believe is most likely to stay up despite having the lowest budget, he just out did Moyes and managed a team that tonked us at home, my feeling is that I hope Moyes leaves in the summer and we can get Martinez to instil a style of play into the club and take us further. Moyes has done great but i'm bored of him now, I want to see something change.

I get why people want Martinez. He does seem to favour playing attractive football and after 11 years of the same manager the desire is always going to be there for a change.

I just like to air on the side of caution, we're not like Chelsea who can appoint another manager year after year and go again to challenge for the title. Martinez could come in, completely flop from the pressure of being in charge at a big club and we'd be left in a rut that'll be difficult to get out of.

Allerdyce wouldn't be a bad replacement if you're worried about us getting relegated without moyes, he'd keep us top half at least i reckon.

We'd get long ball all the time rather than just a lot of the time though.

I don't even want my mind to think about that. Christ almighty, the only candidate worse than Allardyce is McClaren!

All depends on when he leaves. He leaves now, we'll end up with Dowie or Round til' end of season. If he honors his contract, god knows, but I would put Martinez favourite for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back