Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
McClaren:

LC winner
Uefa Cup R/U
Dutch league winner

I'll take that winning trophies change of style and his daft Dutch accent over Moyes, tbf.

Yeah, if he could manage it at Everton then I'd clearly take that as well. He hasn't covered himself in glory though, comes across as a bit of a buffoon, can't see him eclipsing Moyes all that much.

Just asking the question, but who are the really boss names? The type of manager that most people think we would not get?

But money talks IMO, and I personally wouldn't have a problem with putting a sizeable amount of the Fellaini cash or other new revenues towards a quality managerial appointment.

http://www.theweek.co.uk/sport/50338/mourinhos-pay-puts-him-different-league-fergie has a few interesting names on big wages. Just goes to show if the board have a strategic plan (lol), get a manager in place who can work within that plan, we might continue our progress when Moyes leaves.

The best way to attract investment is to attract attention. The best way we can attract attention is by what we do on the pitch. We need some more skilful, lovable, young players and we need to make sure we don't go back to the dark days of the 90s when we constantly underachieved for a club with our name.

If Moyes leaves, and I think he should, the board should be excited at the opportunity it represents instead of being negative about it.

How about we go for the Corinthians manager, young, won plenty of honours already, and he's Brazilian!!!!!

Last edited:
From the Prem: Martinez, Hughton, Laudrup (unlikely), Atkins (formerly at Southampton, probably not (but available))
From the Championship: Gus Poyet, Sean O'Driscoll (at least when he was at Doncaster), Malky Mackay, Kenny Jackett, Zola are those that stand out as doing a good job AT THAT LEVEL.

Not a whole lot of greatness going to be readily available from this country.

Clarke, Jol and Martinez are all realistic possible candidates. I wouldn't be too displeased with any of them, but I'd be pretty happy with Clarke.

I would have said Laudrup but he's just signed a new contract. I think he'll be off to a big European club by the end of next season if he continues at this rate.

Jol is decent, Clarke is probably beyond us now as he's doing well at Albion and probably harbours hopes of doing well there. Would be happy enough with Clarke tho - and, like Martinez, probably would want to put one over The RS big time and show that he's got a pair in a match at Anfield (another manager who had a plan well executed in their recent win at The Pit).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back