Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because we're run by ****ing clowns who would do this in a heartbeat.

I'm surprised that people are surprised this could happen, its exactly the type of appointment BK would go for, I dont fancy it myself but i think there's a bit of snobbery towards Stubbs getting it, ex players get appointed to managerial positions all the time, Lennon went straight in at Celtic and his managerial career cant be judged yet cos he's working up in the farcical scottish league and he's currently the bookies favourite, Stubbs at least is currrently learning his trade in some format at the club.

I still think it's too early for him and maybe a number 2 position would be better but I still think he's being discarded out of hand simply cos he's not a very fashionable ex player - a lot of people on here would prefer Neville or Ferguson FFS

31033074.jpg

I don’t really like appointing from within for football managers. A new manager tends to give everyone a new chance. Players who maybe weren’t fancied by the old boss now feel they have a new chance, so they work hard to try and make an impression. Players who were comfortable under the old boss, need to do likewise, to avoid being replaced in the side. The style of play is often adjusted to adapt to the new manager’s style. A new voice, new ideas, can appeal to some and you may see some players improve as a player because of it.

IMO giving Stubbs the job would negate all the good a new manager can bring and it has the potential to be more of the same. The side needs a bit of freshening up, and I’m not convinced someone from within will do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back