Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the things that intrigues me about Martinez is his age, he's 39 and has only been in management for 6-7 years. He'd be just 3 years older than our captain FFS!

I think this is a good point for many reasons. We need a manager who is young and has energy, one who is hungry.

But assuming Moyes goes, we'd have just had a manager in place for 11 years and I think the board/BK will want to appoint someone who similarly is going to be here for the long-haul and be committed. Moyes has set a hell of a good example in that regard.

I think this is a good point for many reasons. We need a manager who is young and has energy, one who is hungry.

But assuming Moyes goes, we'd have just had a manager in place for 11 years and I think the board/BK will want to appoint someone who similarly is going to be here for the long-haul and be committed. Moyes has set a hell of a good example in that regard.

He's pretty much the same age as Moyes was when he became our manager, yet unlike Moyes he's already got Premier League experience. I know we're in a much better position now though so it's all relative. Martinez does have his flaws but as he is young he has time on his side to improve as a manager.

Initially I was indifferent to the idea of Martinez coming in, but the more I think about it the less arsed I'd be.

Martinez price just went up. He'll take them to the final and make a better job of it than Surrender Monkey Moyes would have.

Whelan will put another million on the compo. That's Martinez off the list.

Martinez price just went up. He'll take them to the final and make a better job of it than Surrender Monkey Moyes would have.

Ha. Sad but probably true.

Just as I'd begun to come round to the idea too FFS!

He's pretty much the same age as Moyes was when he became our manager, yet unlike Moyes he's already got Premier League experience. I know we're in a much better position now though so it's all relative. Martinez does have his flaws but as he is young he has time on his side to improve as a manager.

Initially I was indifferent to the idea of Martinez coming in, but the more I think about it the less arsed I'd be.

In all honesty I'd be happy with him. Mainly because if Kenwright gets him in it means we've avoided Dave Jones or Alan Curbishley, which is frighteningly likely under this clown.

I guarantee we will end up with Reid, Big Dunc or someone with connection to the club, Kenwright wont be scouting La Liga, German league up and coming managers it will be someone to get the fans on his side which will be lapped up by the Clap Clap Clappers.

In all honesty I'd be happy with him. Mainly because if Kenwright gets him in it means we've avoided Dave Jones or Alan Curbishley, which is frighteningly likely under this clown.

Yeah same. Out of the realistic candidates or the ones that have been touted so far he's probably my favourite.

I keep banging on about him but I'd be quite impressed if we got Steve Clarke. He only signed a 2 year deal with WBA last summer so it wouldn't be a huge compensation fee either.

Also, I believe Martin Jol is out of contract at the end of this season? He wouldn't be a bad appointment at all.

They're my top 3 realistic shouts any way.

2 or 3 years ago I really never thought I would be looking forward to replacing Moyes! But there you go.... Martinez for me!

I guarantee we will end up with Reid, Big Dunc or someone with connection to the club, Kenwright wont be scouting La Liga, German league up and coming managers it will be someone to get the fans on his side which will be lapped up by the Clap Clap Clappers.

It has to be cheap
The candidate has to be a lap dog
Preferably Everton connections
Wears cardies and brown brogues

Stick that in the Echo classified.

Yeah same. Out of the realistic candidates or the ones that have been touted so far he's probably my favourite.

I keep banging on about him but I'd be quite impressed if we got Steve Clarke. He only signed a 2 year deal with WBA last summer so it wouldn't be a huge compensation fee either.

Also, I believe Martin Jol is out of contract at the end of this season? He wouldn't be a bad appointment at all.

They're my top 3 realistic shouts any way.

Wouldn't be devastated with any of those, considering I heard the names Lennon, Kean and Ince this morning.

We pay our current manager an awful lot of money.

I'm sure there will be good managers out there who are willing to work within the same 'budget' as Moyes. Maybe, just maybe they will do a better job than him, rather than relegate us to the Blue Square Premiership within three months.

I'm not really a fan but I strongly suspect he'd be very high on our shortlist , people at Wigan also think the same I'm told.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back