• From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Billy Dean is not my lover

when it comes out that i might be right i'm sure you won't be saying things like that. Anyway I'm only passing on what people are telling me. You can take it or leave it. That's my last word on it, unless I have something else to say a bit later

it appears Kenwright won't be going for the best option. He'll be going for the cheapest option, someone who'd carry on Moyes' good work instead of somebody who will improve on it. That thought has me worried for the next season.

Giving someone a managers job largely based on them being a former player is an idea that belongs in the lower leagues or the 80's. There is a new generation of coaches who havent necessarily played the game but have a far greater understanding of the modern game. We cant afford to miss the boat on this.

If Kenwright appoints internally its a disgrace ,we are 6th in the league we may not be in a position to attract a top manager again for years, now is not the time to take the cheap option.

Also while Im talking about Kenwright what is "Everton has got a type,its a very hard working industrial football club" If you use that line when your trying to sell the club its no ****in wonder you havnt got any takers.

Football Primarily is supposed to be an entertainment a concept you are supposed to be familiar with you fat pretentious blirt.

Last edited:
Phil Neville model professional, has been Moyes' voice on the pitch for many years now. He has also done his coaching badges and stated that he wants to stay in football.

At first I thought we will get Martinez or Malky, its plainly obvious with the interviews with Kenwright of late hes after someone similar in the mold of Moyes;

"I have got people in mind," Kenwright is quoted as saying by The People.

"A lot of those mentioned are not too far away.

"Everton have got a type, it's a very hard working industrial football club."

Roberto Martinez, Malky Mackay, Gus Poyet and Neil Lennon have all been linked to the role at Goodison Park.

However, there is a groundswell of opinion that Everton should look closer to home and reports are claiming that Kenwright is already looking at internal candidates.

Phil Neville, David Weir, Steve Round, Duncan Ferguson and Alan Stubbs are all said to be potential candidates to help fill the void left by Moyes.

Phil Neville has also been left out of the team as of late and never had a farewell/cameo game against Chelsea were there was nothing on the line.

Kenwright was Moyes' number one fan and I think Neville has been a student to Moyes' management. He would also be a cheap option for the board and as Kenwright said Everton have a "type" of manager. This for me just seems to all point to Neville. Expect the bookies to quickly start chopping the odds on him becoming Evertons next manager currently 4/1 . Hes now 2nd favourite behind Martinez who I just cant see getting the job.

I suppose the question his does Neville have the tactical nous to believe in his own system or would he addopt DM mentality?

Heard Neville on the radio today talling about why he was brought to the club and given the captaincy so quickly. It was basically so that he would uphold Moyes' standards of professsionalism and work ethic, both in training and in matches, which have been the bedrock of his relative success here. It would make perfect sense if BK saw Neville as the man who could guarantee that continuity now that Moyes has gone.

But I hope he doesn't.

it appears Kenwright won't be going for the best option. He'll be going for the cheapest option, someone who'd carry on Moyes' good work instead of somebody who will improve on it. That thought has me worried for the next season.

He has already said this publically too. This is why I have difficulty in accepting Martinez, so many lids are blinded by this FA cup win ( not belittling his success btw) but relegation is the ultimate failure for any manager.

I know blues love to throw the Royle shout in about Oldham, but that was a while ago.

We are 6th and are pulling down the pants of billionaire clubs...

He has already said this publically too. This is why I have difficulty in accepting Martinez, so many lids are blinded by this FA cup win ( not belittling his success btw) but relegation is the ultimate failure for any manager.

I know blues love to throw the Royle shout in about Oldham, but that was a while ago.

We are 6th and are pulling down the pants of billionaire clubs...

which clubs' pants have we pulled down?

If Kenwright appoints internally its a disgrace ,we are 6th in the league we may not be in a position to attract a top manager again for years now is not the time to take the cheap option.

Also while Im talking about Kenwright what is "Everton has got a type,its a very hard working industrial football club" If you use that line when your trying to sell the club its no ****in wonder you havnt got any takers.

Football Primarily is supposed to be an entertainment a concept you are supposed to be familiar with fat pretentious blirt.

I don't know how Kenwright gets away with it. It isn't even difficult to see he's trying to blag us - he's very transparent.

You'd think those quotes came from the Stoke chairman.

Lads, your guess on the new manager (the one Billy Liar will appoint, not the one you like)?

My guess: Phil Neville.

Candidates refresh, lads:

Roberto Martinez - 13/8
Philip Neville - 11/2
Neil Lennon - 11/2
Alan Stubbs - 9
Dougie Freedman - 11
Malky Mackay - 12
Gus Poyet - 14
David Weir - 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back