Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neville just been quoted as saying he's not officially retired yet and that's a decision he'll make over the next few weeks. Doesn't sound to me like a man who is about to be unveiled as the new Everton manager. Unless it's player manager!

Anyone else hearing its gonna be Neville with Stubbs as his assistant?

cOX4HGO.gif

A manager who's about to repeat winning the Portuguese title or a manager who has finally ran out of luck and been relegated? No need to second guess it for me.

Phil Neville model professional, has been Moyes' voice on the pitch for many years now. He has also done his coaching badges and stated that he wants to stay in football.

At first I thought we will get Martinez or Malky, its plainly obvious with the interviews with Kenwright of late hes after someone similar in the mold of Moyes;

"I have got people in mind," Kenwright is quoted as saying by The People.

"A lot of those mentioned are not too far away.

"Everton have got a type, it's a very hard working industrial football club."

Roberto Martinez, Malky Mackay, Gus Poyet and Neil Lennon have all been linked to the role at Goodison Park.

However, there is a groundswell of opinion that Everton should look closer to home and reports are claiming that Kenwright is already looking at internal candidates.

Phil Neville, David Weir, Steve Round, Duncan Ferguson and Alan Stubbs are all said to be potential candidates to help fill the void left by Moyes.

Phil Neville has also been left out of the team as of late and never had a farewell/cameo game against Chelsea were there was nothing on the line.

Kenwright was Moyes' number one fan and I think Neville has been a student to Moyes' management. He would also be a cheap option for the board and as Kenwright said Everton have a "type" of manager. This for me just seems to all point to Neville. Expect the bookies to quickly start chopping the odds on him becoming Evertons next manager currently 4/1 . Hes now 2nd favourite behind Martinez who I just cant see getting the job.

I suppose the question his does Neville have the tactical nous to believe in his own system or would he addopt DM mentality?

"Everton have a type" what a joke. I suppose thats a line ginger fed kenwright. Still, I suppose moyes wont want anyone coming in and surpassing his "achievements" (:lol:). Neville would probably be ideal for keeping the utd managers seat warm until he gets the boot from old trafford and returns to put us back on track

"it's a very hard working industrial football club"

**** off kenwright we aint the dogs of war clown face we need a man who can bring the SOS days back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back