Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't look past Martinez. I think he has the composure and experience to operate at this level and with our better players (plus the one's he'd bring in) and a bit of time he'd fashion a very entertaining and winning team. I dont buy the defensive frailties criticism. He wont be working with Emerson Boyce and Gary Caldwell down here.

He'd also suit Bill and co. down to the ground by generating cash from sales when needed.

We really need to secure this feller, IMO. If he costs £5M to tear away from Wigan then that's what we need to pay.

This is a very big decision and you need something that's tried and tested.

tumblr_mcuga6h7Ng1r5mah4.gif

<3

Your speech to Kenwyne Jones would have to be epic though mate he's one of the worst, laziest yard dogs to play in the PL. I'd rather have Gethin Jones up front.

I'm not going to lie lad, I used to think he was quite good.
I haven't seen him now for Stoke but at Sunderland he was decent.

It's Neil Lennon chaps. I've been saying it for months (and got 40/1 to boot!)

It's not though.

I think he's even come and said he's looking forward to the Champions league next season, and unless Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea are docked like 15 points for being Cockney or something, that's not gonna be with us.

I'm not going to lie lad, I used to think he was quite good.
I haven't seen him now for Stoke but at Sunderland he was decent.

No mate. They sold him to stoke cos he's horrendous. Stoke have been trying to get rid for 18 months too.

Can someone list the "kids" Martinez has bought through at Wigan?

Looking at their entire squad list the only two players are McManaman and Redmond - both of whom are released Everton players and who have played a combined 15 games despite both being 22.

Can't see why people are ****ging Lennon off he's beat baracalona and as far as people saying he's a horrible thug the stuff he's had to put up with up there is horrible (letterbombs, death threats, bullets threw the post etc) all because of his religion your forgetting Scottish football is still run by religion

I just want Lennon to be displaced as the favourite by the bookies. Then I can get on with my life.

Can someone list the "kids" Martinez has bought through at Wigan?

Looking at their entire squad list the only two players are McManaman and Redmond - both of whom are released Everton players and who have played a combined 15 games despite both being 22.

It's not the kids he's brought through, we don't know what there youth set up is like and they haven't been granted top grade status by the FA which will immediately limit there ability to attract players, ie: they are in lower leagues to us.

We know what ours is like though, top drawer, has been for years and Martinez has proved he will give the kids a go and if they do well, keep them in there, unlike Moyes.

Our job is so attarctive to me for many reasons.

We pay very good wages (both players and manager), we play in the most high profile league in the world, we have a very good team, we have a great youth set up but mainly due to the fact that any new managers gets control of the whole club, every bit of it and as much time as they want. They could take us down and still stay I reckon.

We are a very, very attractive proposition IMO.

We've very attractive to most managers, yes.

But again the man turned down inter milan for bilbao. He isn't looking for the same things that other managers look for.

Status
Not open for further replies.