Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not necessarily pro-Martinez but in the interest of balance every time he's referred to as a relegated manager, he should also be referred to as a cup winning manager. Not a multiple time cup bottling manager.
Still cant believe United have gone for Moyes. It's surely a huge joke and they'll announce soon Jupp Heynckes is the real successor to SAF.

Captain Accuracy himself, John Merro, says that both Martinez and Pereira have been interviewed.

But Bill's never heard of Vitor, like.

Tru that, especially when 5m is our NET transfer spend for five transfer windows.

We'd be better off with Stubbs and getting relegated.

I do love the use of sarcasm. Unfortunately sarcasm doesn't work here, because the exact thing you are warning against (relegation) is basically what Martinez has achieved.
Even Stubbs has never been relegated, martinez has. And before people start, his budget is not far off Evertons (when you compare the sizes of the clubs in the top 5/6). His squad and budget was a lot stronger than the one Moyes inherited. Yet Moyes turned us into a regular top 5 side, in the same time Martinez has taken Wigan down.

It's also fine throwing names like Joe Royle about. But the club is in a different situation now to 94. In 94 we were on the brink of relegation, stranded at the bottom. We could have taken anyone. We are now a regular top 6 team. Our sites should be a lt higher.

The point about internal candidates is that, they can't be as bad as Martinez. I want us to get a top European coach in. Winning the FA cup is an irrelevence compared to ensuring league performance is adaquate (ie survival). Just look at Portsmouth.

I'm not necessarily pro-Martinez but in the interest of balance every time he's referred to as a relegated manager, he should also be referred to as a cup winning manager. Not a multiple time cup bottling manager.

Yea Martinez doesn't bottle big games does he. Of his final 4 games of the season, he failed to win any of his 3 biggest. Swansea Home, Arsenal away and Villa home, to pick up 1 point from those games shows he bottles important games.

I do love the use of sarcasm. Unfortunately sarcasm doesn't work here, because the exact thing you are warning against (relegation) is basically what Martinez has achieved.
Even Stubbs has never been relegated, martinez has. And before people start, his budget is not far off Evertons (when you compare the sizes of the clubs in the top 5/6). His squad and budget was a lot stronger than the one Moyes inherited. Yet Moyes turned us into a regular top 5 side, in the same time Martinez has taken Wigan down.

It's also fine throwing names like Joe Royle about. But the club is in a different situation now to 94. In 94 we were on the brink of relegation, stranded at the bottom. We could have taken anyone. We are now a regular top 6 team. Our sites should be a lt higher.
The point about internal candidates is that, they can't be as bad as Martinez. I want us to get a top European coach in. Winning the FA cup is an irrelevence compared to ensuring league performance is adaquate (ie survival). Just look at Portsmouth.
Moyes took us to one place above relegation in his second full season.

Agreed a top european coach would be ideal. But if its internal or martinez I'd take martinez with the continuity and defensive coaching coming from some of current backroom staff. We need some new blood and more adventure not just more of the bottling same surely?

I exspect Kenwright to be busy today everything seems to be happening at the same time
EGM, new manager,was going to take down the old Badge by St.Lukes today as well,someone half inched
The screw driver,the ladders not long enough,never rains but it pours ffs
Ah well ,must get some black paint put some stripes on the tower at the mega store.this 24/7 getting me down

Still cant believe United have gone for Moyes. It's surely a huge joke and they'll announce soon Jupp Heynckes is the real successor to SAF.

You might just have to accept, that the footballing worlds, and those who have prominent position within its understanding of the game, and you're understanding of the game are quite different.

Sadly I don't think we will get Vitor....Bill has no ambition and a foreign league winning manager doesn't fit in with Bill's "industrious, plucky little club" mindset.

We will end up with Martinez and I will wish him well. If he turns us down we will end up with David Weir as he probably promised Bill in his interview that he will never, ever ask for any transfer funds. Bill left the room thinking of how much he could reduce the overdraft and how many lawnmowers he could buy once we sell Fellaini and Barkley to Man U and we get the TV money.

We might finish 17th next year but Bill will be able to smile at the AGM and tell people how we are such a well run club with debts of only 40 million (that's right....he won't reduce it below that as the debt is his favourite excuse for not spending on players).

Status
Not open for further replies.