Moyes to sign new 3yr deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like a good argument, no need to call people names.. As long as the other side makes sense in their own right and is a toffee they are my friend.

The fact is Moyes is always ready with a "Worlds best chairman quote" every time a bit of pressure is building on Bill. Ten minutes later he's crying about money and starting every sentence with "We can't expect" or "We've got no right"

Dave is dead right that both have played a part in managed decline. Moyes with expectation and Bill with everything you can imagine and loads you probably couldn't.
Managed decline ? Interesting.

View the 10 years before DM

Fair enough, I thought I was pretty rounded on Moyes rather than taking his side like. I didn't say our manager was a miracle work either mate. He has his faults but it reasons that we'd be more likely in more trouble if he went with the board in place.

Treat the cause, not the symptom.

I know you didn't mate the problem is boards of companies never volunteer to go and rightly or wrongly I, as a fan, expect my manager to take my side.

Examples used to be plentiful but of late I remember Benitez at Liverpool, O'Neill at Villa and Keegan at Newcy - truthfully can you say the same about Moyes?

I know you didn't mate the problem is boards of companies never volunteer to go and rightly or wrongly I, as a fan, expect my manager to take my side.

Examples used to be plentiful but of late I remember Benitez at Liverpool, O'Neill at Villa and Keegan at Newcy - truthfully can you say the same about Moyes?

You've got a point on him tolerating the lack of money and fans rightfully make the link with him getting paid loads so he'll happily not heap pressure on them. I don't reckon he's like that though, although I concede that's me doing an uninformed character appraisal of him so who knows for sure.

I was pleased to see his recent comments putting a bit of pressure on them to produce some money. He's been doing this all year with the main thing being we don't need a lot of money, just some. Which sort of exposes the farcical situation he's managing in. Everton should never be unable to produce even small amounts of fund for improving the squad.

Hell defo make a mint off Baines and Fellaini too

Them two going would take him well into credit with his transfer dealings. Only Wenger could say similar and he's won jack for 7 years too.

His buys are by far the biggest reason to keep him.

If he flogged Baines and Fellaini for £40m, THEN we'll really get to see what Moyes can do with money.

Assuming that £10m goes straight to the bank, £30m to play with is more than he's ever had.

The game which finished my liking of Moyes was the spurs match in 2007 when we ended up with about 7 defenders on the pitch but still managed to lose it 2-1 with a late goal from Jenas, i realised then what a complete and utter bottler the guy was !!!

The game which finished my liking of Moyes was the spurs match in 2007 when we ended up with about 7 defenders on the pitch but still managed to lose it 2-1 with a late goal from Jenas, i realised then what a complete and utter bottler the guy was !!!

He brought on a defender in that game didn't he? Naysmith or Pistone or someone when we were chasing it?

You've got a point on him tolerating the lack of money and fans rightfully make the link with him getting paid loads so he'll happily not heap pressure on them. I don't reckon he's like that though, although I concede that's me doing an uninformed character appraisal of him so who knows for sure.

I was pleased to see his recent comments putting a bit of pressure on them to produce some money. He's been doing this all year with the main thing being we don't need a lot of money, just some. Which sort of exposes the farcical situation he's managing in. Everton should never be unable to produce even small amounts of fund for improving the squad.

The proof will be with us in weeks.

If he gets a new deal but no transfer money beyond what he wheels and deals I don't see how anyone can maintain he's not hand in glove with the whole cabal, although quite seriously I think it's beyond some to crticise him no matter what.

He brought on a defender in that game didn't he? Naysmith or Pistone or someone when we were chasing it?

Everton: Howard, Neville, Yobo, Stubbs, Lescott, Osman, Carsley, Fernandes (Hibbert 85), Arteta, Anichebe (Naysmith 45), Beattie, Naysmith (Vaughan 90).
Subs Not Used: Wright, Anderson.

The proof will be with us in weeks.

If he gets a new deal but no transfer money beyond what he wheels and deals I don't see how anyone can maintain he's not hand in glove with the whole cabal, although quite seriously I think it's beyond some to crticise him no matter what.
hoo ray some one fuken gets it at last ,well in nigel ,were only making plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back