Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Moyes to Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
They seem to spend relatively silly amounts of money (both in fees and wages - although not an extortionate amount) for their players.

And as you say, the North East doesn't offer the draw that say the likes of the South, Midlands or even the Manchester/Merseyside region.

Therefore they usually end up with either unproven dross or useless players who've been flogged from top clubs yet are accustomed to big wages.

There's the odd gem who breaks this mould but it's the exception not the rule. That simply isn't a business model that offers long term survival.

Moyes can talk about injuries all he wants but the likes of O'Shea, McNair, Love, Anichebe, Pienaar, Manquillo and Rodwell aren't what you need.

And that's without questioning the ability of the more respected Borini, Watmore (glorified Championship player) and Januzaj.

The likes of Bournemouth, Swansea and Burnley have shown that you can play good football, survive and not have to break the bank.
I think you were spot on earlier: scorched earth policy of taking the drop, clearing out the tat and then finding players who are hungry and determined to get back in the PL...and a manager who can show them how.

I was always a fan of Moyes at Everton for numerous reasons, but he never really inspired us to beat the top teams due to his mentality.
Yah but he was pragmatic. "40 pts is the aim". That's the bare minimum of any manager.

At Sunderland it's "whelp, we're doomed". Even if your think that privately, telling the players you have at your disposal they are crap and nothing you do will change anything, it doesn't rally inspire them to try to avoid the drop, does it? Even fn Villa didn't resign themselves to relegation the third game of the season.

Loved that quote from Moyes.

“I’m more disappointed than frustrated. My job is to win and I would say my biggest strength is to find a way of winning. If you asked me about my strengths I’d say: ‘Put David Moyes in charge of a team and he will win.’

lol

“I’m more disappointed than frustrated. My job is to win and I would say my biggest strength is to find a way of winning. If you asked me about my strengths I’d say: ‘Put David Moyes in charge of a team and he will win.’

lol

Forget Martinez or Brenda...for proper David Brent territory David Moyes is your man.

What is it about Davids?

lol

David_Brent_111.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back