Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Moyes to Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
You shouldn't, I wouldn't blame anyone who's laughing their bollocks off at him.
Not even doing that. I have no respect for him and think he is getting what he deserves. As are Manchester Utd since appointing him and their collective behaviours.

Not even doing that. I have no respect for him and think he is getting what he deserves. As are Manchester Utd since appointing him and their collective behaviours.

I have no real hatred towards him, I think as a club and fanbase we made our point when did the double over his United team and then some when we tonked Sunderland a few weeks back. It's been made very clear to him that we're a better club and happier fanbase without him even if we've had a few rough years (not as rough as him mind). Everton will forever be remembered as the pinnacle of his career whereas he'll be remembered in the years to come as a slightly-above average manager at his best whom we kept hold of for too long.

I have no real hatred towards him, I think as a club and fanbase we made our point when did the double over his United team and then some when we tonked Sunderland a few weeks back. It's been made very clear to him that we're a better club and happier fanbase without him even if we've had a few rough years (not as rough as him mind). Everton will forever be remembered as the pinnacle of his career whereas he'll be remembered in the years to come as a at his best a slightly-above average manager whom we kept hold of for too long.
He considers himself a CL Manager.

tumblr_mlkb1y2YW81s145g5o1_250.gif

Defeat at home to Arsenal surely sees this clown punted?
Potentially so although I would expect it would rely on whether Arsenal tonk them or not as the expectations against Arsenal will be low anyway.

It's the matches against Bournemouth and Hull that will probably be the acid test as lose against those and then they face a difficult December.

Potentially so although I would expect it would rely on whether Arsenal tonk them or not as the expectations against Arsenal will be low anyway.

It's the matches against Bournemouth and Hull that will probably be the acid test as lose against those and then they face a difficult December.
There's another international break soon. I fully expect the Sunderland board to use it to install a new boss.

Moyes last night getting sent off to the stands and in his post match interview looked like the typical manager about to be sacked. Stick a fork in Moyesie, he's just about done. Defeat against Arsenal will mean 2 points from 30. That must be a record even for Sunderland.

There's another international break soon. I fully expect the Sunderland board to use it to install a new boss.
Apologises as I forgot about the international break, thus that may be a factor in any decision as it'll provide time for any new manager.

Nevertheless, I personally still feel it may not be as quick as you mention regardless of how he appeared last night and the international break.

Might be too late then however or in fact it may already be too late. In the long run I think he'd turn it around but that may not provide survival.

Apologises as I forgot about the international break, thus that may be a factor in any decision as it'll provide time for any new manager.

Nevertheless, I personally still feel it may not be as quick as you mention regardless of how he appeared last night and the international break.

Might be too late then however or in fact it may already be too late. In the long run I think he'd turn it around but that may not provide survival.
I think that would be a nagging doubt delaying his sacking. But for me I cant see Moyes being able to handle a crisis club like that - and even if he stabilises them for a few weeks or even months, they'll always struggle in the bottom half. Their fans will tire of his "when I was at Everton" stories and he'll be hounded out eventually. He's probably best going now and seeing if he can grab a Championship team while he still has a shred of credibility as a manager who's employable.

I think that would be a nagging doubt delaying his sacking. But for me I cant see Moyes being able to handle a crisis club like that - and even if he stabilises them for a few weeks or even months, they'll always struggle in the bottom half.
My point is that in the medium to long-term (two or more seasons), I believe that Moyes could stop the rot at Sunderland and stabilise the club.

However, in the short term I wholeheartedly agree that such an upheaval would likely result in the ignominy of Moyes leading them to relegation.

Sunderland have became a club that are entrenched in a repetitive relegation battle; this halts their ability to progress as everything is short-term.

Perhaps in the long run their inevitable relegation and the required period of change that would follow could actually turn their fortunes.

Although I doubt their owner my Mr Short would see it that way as it would diminish his investment even further, but as a club it may do so.

Moyes would be an ideal long-term option if he and the club accepted such a project and realised his own stature; doubt they will though.

They'll bring some one in, have a few knee-jerk overpriced signatures that really don't offer much and they will be in a worse position.

My point is that in the medium to long-term (two or more seasons), I believe that Moyes could stop the rot at Sunderland and stabilise the club.

However, in the short term I wholeheartedly agree that such an upheaval would likely result in the ignominy of Moyes leading them to relegation.

Sunderland have became a club that are entrenched in a repetitive relegation battle; this halts their ability to progress as everything is short-term.

Perhaps in the long run their inevitable relegation and the required period of change that would follow could actually turn their fortunes.

Although I doubt their owner my Mr Short would see it that way as it would diminish his investment even further, but as a club it may do so.

Moyes would be an ideal long-term option if he and the club accepted such a project and realised his own stature; doubt they will though.

They'll bring some one in, have a few knee-jerk overpriced signatures that really don't offer much and they will be in a worse position.
I really dont know what it is about the north east clubs these days. They just dont seem to be able to get a foothold into the PL. When the PL first started they were a real force and at least one of the big three up there retained a high profile presence. Well backed by boardrooms, they attracted class players and I wonder if the equalisation of resources amongst middle to bottom half PL clubs over the past few years has caused their decline by limiting the talent they can realistically attract to that part of the world?

It's possibly cyclical with Newcastle/Boro/S'land and they tend to have a good decade or so and then fall away. Historically they produce loads of good players and if they're to make a comeback it'll have to be via that route with home grown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back