Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Moyes to Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really dont know what it is about the north east clubs these days. They just dont seem to be able to get a foothold into the PL. When the PL first started they were a real force and at least one of the big three up there retained a high profile presence. Well backed by boardrooms, they attracted class players and I wonder if the equalisation of resources amongst middle to bottom half PL clubs over the past few years has caused their decline by limiting the talent they can realistically attract to that part of the world?

It's possibly cyclical with Newcastle/Boro/S'land and they tend to have a good decade or so and then fall away. Historically they produce loads of good players and if they're to make a comeback it'll have to be via that route with home grown.

Sunderland are a bit weird to me. They never seem to sign anyone who improves or gets people interested.

They are a club who just seem to exist, which is a shame as Sunderland are a proper football club.

There's another international break soon. I fully expect the Sunderland board to use it to install a new boss.

Moyes last night getting sent off to the stands and in his post match interview looked like the typical manager about to be sacked. Stick a fork in Moyesie, he's just about done. Defeat against Arsenal will mean 2 points from 30. That must be a record even for Sunderland.

JGBlock-Greener.jpg

Not often a Managers stock has fallen so dramatically. The way went to United always left a sour taste in the mouth but I did hope he could rebuild his career in Spain. Just seems to be limping from one disaster to another. Thought he was nailed on for the Celtic job when it was open.

Not sure I care anymore. Going on Saturday fully expecting a tonking. Doesn't matter who we bring in nothing seems to change.

Sick of the lot of them. Moyes has signed some rubbish. True, we have loads of players injured, but still.

Not sure I care anymore. Going on Saturday fully expecting a tonking. Doesn't matter who we bring in nothing seems to change.

Sick of the lot of them. Moyes has signed some rubbish. True, we have loads of players injured, but still.
Hate to say it mate as I like SAFC, but you may need to go down so you can regroup and come back stronger.

not sure if anyone asked you before. How has moyes been? I know crap in the sense you keep getting beat but in a general sense has he been unlucky or has it just not worked? Especially compared to sam last season seeing as though it is largely the same team?

not sure if anyone asked you before. How has moyes been? I know crap in the sense you keep getting beat but in a general sense has he been unlucky or has it just not worked? Especially compared to sam last season seeing as though it is largely the same team?

He has been unlucky with injuries, but some of his buys have been god awful and i have no idea what style or what then team are trying to do. I wanted him. I liked him, but unless we win on Saturday i can't see a way back.

Sick of sacking managers all the time, but guess you have little choice sometimes.

He has been unlucky with injuries, but some of his buys have been god awful and i have no idea what style or what then team are trying to do. I wanted him. I liked him, but unless we win on Saturday i can't see a way back.

Sick of sacking managers all the time, but guess you have little choice sometimes.
Think moyes needs a club with no pressure then it seems. Once you lost the first few then it looked doomed from the start. I will admit i am sad to see it, would have liked to see you turn it around and moyes be moyes again but least sam can come back.

I wonder if the equalisation of resources amongst middle to bottom half PL clubs over the past few years has caused their decline by limiting the talent they can realistically attract to that part of the world?
They seem to spend relatively silly amounts of money (both in fees and wages - although not an extortionate amount) for their players.

And as you say, the North East doesn't offer the draw that say the likes of the South, Midlands or even the Manchester/Merseyside region.

Therefore they usually end up with either unproven dross or useless players who've been flogged from top clubs yet are accustomed to big wages.

There's the odd gem who breaks this mould but it's the exception not the rule. That simply isn't a business model that offers long term survival.

Moyes can talk about injuries all he wants but the likes of O'Shea, McNair, Love, Anichebe, Pienaar, Manquillo and Rodwell aren't what you need.

And that's without questioning the ability of the more respected Borini, Watmore (glorified Championship player) and Januzaj.

The likes of Bournemouth, Swansea and Burnley have shown that you can play good football, survive and not have to break the bank.

They seem to spend relatively silly amounts of money (both in fees and wages - although not an extortionate amount) for their players.

And as you say, the North East doesn't offer the draw that say the likes of the South, Midlands or even the Manchester/Merseyside region.

Therefore they usually end up with either unproven dross or useless players who've been flogged from top clubs yet are accustomed to big wages.

There's the odd gem who breaks this mould but it's the exception not the rule. That simply isn't a business model that offers long term survival.

Moyes can talk about injuries all he wants but the likes of O'Shea, McNair, Love, Anichebe, Pienaar, Manquillo and Rodwell aren't what you need.

And that's without questioning the ability of the more respected Borini, Watmore (glorified Championship player) and Januzaj.

The likes of Bournemouth, Swansea and Burnley have shown that you can play good football, survive and not have to break the bank.

Borini has hardly played.

Watmore is only a kid, but not good enough

Januzaj has been absolutely terrible.

O'Shea has been a good servent but is 35.

McNair is terrible but again only a kid

Love is err.......

Anichebe has hardly played

Pienaar hasnt been very good

Manquillo is awful and yedlin was better.

Rodwell is a terrible.

Kone hasn't been the player he was last season and we miss kaboul along side him.

Pva isn't very good.

Ndong appears to be a waste of money and pappy isn't very good either.

Pickford is a good keeper and Defoe might as well not be on the pitch, but he has missed some decent chances.

Did I mention I hate them all. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back