Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Moyes to Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be a bit crap if he is sacked to be honest. The board didn't back him one bit, promising him 4-5 new players and only delivering one. Pretty sure they were relying on us signing Kone before they moved elsewhere, so not sure why that didn't happen in the end.

but yeah, Moyes for all his critics seems to have the short end of the stick every time. Wasn't backed at united with that famously bad summer, before they sacked him, and now will be sacked soon at sunderland despite the board not backing him either.

Imagine if Moyes gets a club where he can sign the players he wants and doesn't have any pressure?

No manager on earth has that.

He is a footballing dinosaur. He should be alright at Sunderland though when the pressure is on towards the end of the season and they must win to stay up because he has a track record of winning big games......

Nothing against Sunderland but they've had some right duck eggs as managers over the past few seasons and when they got an apparently good one they either sack him early doors next season, lose him to England or they get Fish - stink the plaice out when past their sell by date. They've got a Fish right now.
hey......

Aye, okay fair enough.

No manager on earth has that.

He is a footballing dinosaur. He should be alright at Sunderland though when the pressure is on towards the end of the season and they must win to stay up because he has a track record of winning big games......

Checks Sunderland's run in to see if knives to gunfights will suffice.

Looks like the run in isn't too bad to be honest.

What's the consensus up there? Are the Sunderland fans counting the days until he's booted out or do they still have faith he can turn it around?

Although I do have a bit of sympathy I can't help but get a bit of joy out of the fact that he looks a lost man who sounds unsure of himself, reading him in the Telegraph practically pleading for more time whereas he was never made to feel any pressure in his time here. Still remember the years he spent acting an arrogant tosser whenever he was questioned by supporters about tactics and methods, he used speak as if the entire club was started by him and that everyone should accept his decisions and just shut up. Didn't really take much issue with it at the time because being of a certain generation he was all I knew in regards to an Everton manager. Now that we've experienced different I look back and think who the bloody hell did he think he was talking to supporters and local media the way he did.

Last edited:
What's the consensus up there? Are the Sunderland fans counting the days until he's booted out or do they still have faith he can turn it around?

Although I do have a bit of sympathy I can't help but get a bit of joy out of the fact that he looks a lost man who sounds unsure of himself. Still remember the years he spent here acting an arrogant tosser whenever he was questioned by supporters about tactics and methods, he used speak as if the entire club was started by him and that everyone should accept his decisions and just shut up. Didn't really take much issue with it at the time because being of a certain generation he was all I knew in regards to an Everton manager. Now that we've experience different I look back and think who the bloody hell did he think he was talking to supporters and local media the way he did.
Please explain why I should have any?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back