Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Moyes to Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
His comments earlier in the season seem to be coming back to haunt him as people are now questioning his ability to inspire the team.

If his players being to openly revolt then he'll be axed before you know it. He's inherited a shambles of a squad but he looks mentally fraught!
Physically looks terrible also.

Physically looks terrible also.
Whether it's a fair position to be in or not, I think Moyes realises that his reputation is taking a hammering and it could be the last chance saloon.

First the shambles that was Manure, then his jaunt over to Spain with Sociedad that didn't fare well and now the chaotic Sunderland.

He's blaming referee's, the weather, the Brexit vote, and the failure of Radiohead to record a new album.

When Sunderland fall through that trap door, it will be everybody's fault but his own.

It looks like Sunderland would be doing him a favour if they sacked him; he looks like he is buckling under the pressure.
If they do sack him he is certainly on the back foot, last three jobs have not gone well.

His comments earlier in the season seem to be coming back to haunt him as people are now questioning his ability to inspire the team.

If his players being to openly revolt then he'll be axed before you know it. He's inherited a shambles of a squad but he looks mentally fraught!
If manager says that they are in the relegation fight after two games what can you expect. His career is over.

I think he'll be gone soon and Big Sam will be brought back to do a repeat of what he did last season. For Moyes in the future I think the Scotland national team awaits him and it's just the kind of job he needs to take if he wants to keep working in the game. Bloke has aged so much in the last few years due to the stresses of club football, he needs something easier and more laid back. At this point does he want to drop back down to try and bring a small club up? Go back to the level of a Preston which he left behind for the big time 15 years ago?

When he failed so badly at United I found it hilarious considering the circumstances in which he left us and because I'd really tired of him by the end.

When he failed at Sociedad I didn't really care, it was an interesting and brave move to go abroad but it always certain it wouldn't work out and he'd be back before long.

Now he's failing at Sunderland I at first got a bit of a chuckle, especially when we bummed them 3-0 and showed how far in the past we consider him. Now though as he keeps losing every week I actually feel a bit sorry for him, how much must he regret leaving us where he had everything? An idiot chairman who worshipped him, players who'd crawl over broken glass for him, journalists up and down the country gushing over him despite him never winning anything and supporters who were resigned to putting up with him no matter how miserable things got. The way he was sniffing around the club all summer like a hungry cat showed how desperate he was to come back, thank God Moshiri vetoed that from ever happening

Big Dunc said it best, when you leave Everton the only way you can go is down. Moyes should have remembered those words.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back