Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Moyes to Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's official: the worst start ever to the opening 10 games of a PL season.

Take a bow Moyesie. Add that to the list:

Worst points total for any Everton season for 50 years.
Took the champions of England and destroyed them in 9 months.
12 wins in 42 games at Sociedad.
2 points from 30 at Sunderland.

It's certainly a monumental fall from grace when you consider how highly respected he had became during most of time he managed Everton.

Although he didn't bring us success we all clamoured for, he brought a consistency that meant we were regularly knocking on the elites door.

All on a shoe string budget - something you actually praised Wenger for in another thread as well. His stock was justifiably high back in 2013.

That's why I find it difficult to understand why so many Evertonians are taking such glee from his significant downfall; it's neither good nor bad.

Anyway, I think this will be the end of him in elite of English football and he'll either disappear off to Scotland, sit in the Championship or retire.

Manure was a poison chalice for his career; Sociedad was a foolish job to take over and it's all unwound since then and Sunderland is crushing him.

Strachan might be under pressure after the next round of qualifiers, he'll certainly be in the mix for that job if so. Shame the way things have gone for him. It was his derby record and away record generally against better sides that was a total embarrassment, and just a pity about the whole Villarreal / Collina thing, though we wouldn't have kicked on either way. His record was decent after 5 or 6 years but he overstayed and became too comfortable at our expense.

I think he once said that it often doesn't work out well when you leave Everton.....

It's certainly a monumental fall from grace when you consider how highly respected he had became during most of time he managed Everton.
Although he didn't bring us success we all clamoured for, he brought a consistency that meant we were regularly knocking on the elites door.
All on a shoe string budget - something you actually praised Wenger for in another thread as well. His stock was justifiably high back in 2013.
That's why I find it difficult to understand why so many Evertonians are taking such glee from his significant downfall; it's neither good nor bad.

Anyway, I think this will be the end of him in elite of English football and he'll either disappear off to Scotland, sit in the Championship or retire.

Manure was a poison chalice for his career; Sociedad was a foolish job to take over and it's all unwound since then and Sunderland is crushing him.
It's because he spat in our faces when he left. Thought he was the Big Cheese and we were his stepping stone that he'd quickly use and abuse.

Not looking that way now is it?

True that.

Basically the internet has more than it's fair share of people who take glee in finding fault in others, probably to make them feel mildly better about their own failings.

I'm kidding, I love dave really.

I don't think so mate if they keep getting beat that my point like.

been enjoying your work carlos kid x

The Everton one is unfair, but the rest is utterly damning. Like so many others, he peaked at Everton because of Everton. We raise the average up to a level that's quite good.

True that.

Basically the internet has more than it's fair share of people who take glee in finding fault in others, probably to make them feel mildly better about their own failings.

I'm kidding, I love dave really.
Have you just figured that out?

FFS

Ha ha ha.

Thing is it's still the ideal job for him IMO
Think two more games could decide his fate (Bournemouth away hull home ) after that it's the RS away .
Think he could end up one of these managers that scrapes a living in leagues 1-2 if it doesn't work out
Personally I like Sunderland so hope he turns it round for them

been enjoying your work carlos kid x

The Everton one is unfair, but the rest is utterly damning. Like so many others, he peaked at Everton because of Everton. We raise the average up to a level that's quite good.
It might seem unfair from the luxury of a 13 year distance from it, but if we'd lost another game that season to one of the teams below us he'd have probably sent us tumbling through to the Championship and down another division.

It's because he spat in our faces when he left. Thought he was the Big Cheese and we were his stepping stone that he'd quickly use and abuse.

Not looking that way now is it?
Power is intoxicating and when he went to Manure his priorities had to change. Yes perhaps he was crass in his offer for Baines et al but hey ho.

Rightfully he had to do the best for his new club and that's what he attempted to do. Maybe he should have been more appreciative of Everton.

Thankfully however, we had the sense to disregard his puny bids, and we actually kept Baines (win) and sold Fellaini for a ludicrous amount (win).

And personally I have no issue with him leaving us for Manure; they're a huge club so why would he not want to try to manage such a club?

I'm not happy he's failed but neither am I upset; I'm rather quite apathetic apart from recognising he did a lot for the club when he was here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back