Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Moyes to Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm one of the few that liked Anichebe. I always thought he had all the tools in his locker to be a very good striker but thought he had some mental block that stopped him being consistant plus he was injury prone.

He played like 2 men against City in that 2-0 win at Goodison in his final season and i immediately questioned the wisdom of selling him for 5.5m and spending 6m on Kone to replace him.

I always did like Victor and your analogy of him is spot on I hope he can keep it going and help Sunderland stay up.

had some stomping games as a rw until that blockheaded spotty inbred cleft nolan took him out, not that type of lad though

He wasn't a winger mate. considering how young he was at the time, how can he develop as a striker being asked to play out wide? Wenger had the sense to put his winger with attacking qualities up front and let him develop there, next thing he is one of the best in the world.

Anichebe would never have been fantastic, but as a back up he could have been the 10 goals or so back up that right now we are lacking. lad could finish , seen him hold West Bromwich defenders of before wrong footing the keeper in the 6 yard box, he couldn't do that by the corner flag though

He wasn't a winger mate. considering how young he was at the time, how can he develop as a striker being asked to play out wide? Wenger had the sense to put his winger with attacking qualities up front and let him develop there, next thing he is one of the best in the world.

Anichebe would never have been fantastic, but as a back up he could have been the 10 goals or so back up that right now we are lacking. lad could finish , seen him hold West Bromwich defenders of before wrong footing the keeper in the 6 yard box, he couldn't do that by the corner flag though
still had some stomping games before he got injured, stomping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back