Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Moyes to Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes is what he is though. He's good at solidifying teams and sustaining 7th-10th place finishes. martinez wasnt the answer and Koeman might not be either, however Moyes isnt capable of getting were we want to go.
Hope he turns Sunderland's fortunes around at the expense of a truly small club like...say...Watford or West Ham.

What??

We got obliterated 7-0 by Arsenal.

Lost heavily (0-4) to Bolton, Villa, West Brom, never won at any of the "big clubs" grounds and got ridiculous beatings off Benfica and Lisbon and above all shipped 5 against the third best team in Bucharest a few weeks after "nearly quaifying" for the Champions League.

We also put some abysmal performances in against the RS.

Never embarrassed indeed!
Sorry, I should perhaps rephrase.

We were always as a whole competitive under Moyes, a very small percentage of overall individual games notwithstanding.

We have not been competitive at all under the last two incumbents. Certainly don't recall getting smashed 4-0 twice by the RS.

Sorry, I should perhaps rephrase.

We were always as a whole competitive under Moyes, a small percentage of overall individual games notwithstanding.

We have not been competitive at all under the last two incumbents.

Other than beating Moyes points total and getting to a couple of semi finals?

Dont get me wrong I'm not saying that's reason to be dancing in the streets or anything but it depends what you deem as being competitive. We didnt get close to winning anything under Moyes and he failed every time the pressure was cranked up. He got us to 4th (in a very weird season..) before buying James Beattie to replace Marcus Bent in a system that he was never ever going to succeed in before getting knocked out of the CL qualifiers and then the Europa League first round. That sums him up perfectly for me.

Moyes has never won a single thing in his managerial career. There is a reason for that.

He is a decent manager (or was anyway, he is a dinosaur for me these days) but if you had the three managers mentioned at a similar level I have no doubt in my mind that the other two would win something before Mr Moyes.

Also its worth mentioning that he actually threw a derby, resting players for a game that we didnt even win.

Other than beating Moyes points total and getting to a couple of semi finals?

Dont get me wrong I'm not saying that's reason to be dancing in the streets or anything but it depends what you deem as being competitive. We didnt get close to winning anything under Moyes and he failed every time the pressure was cranked up. He got us to 4th (in a very weird season..) before buying James Beattie to replace Marcus Bent in a system that he was never ever going to succeed in before getting knocked out of the CL qualifiers and then the Europa League first round. That sums him up perfectly for me.

Moyes has never won a single thing in his managerial career. There is a reason for that.

He is a decent manager (or was anyway, he is a dinosaur for me these days) but if you had the three managers mentioned at a similar level I have no doubt in my mind that the other two would win something before Mr Moyes.

Also its worth mentioning that he actually threw a derby, resting players for a game that we didnt even win.

Sorry mate, but Moyes has won more than Martinez.

Martinez FA Cup
Moyes League One Title and Charity Shield.

Moyes has never relegated a team.

Martinez highest placing was 5th and a Semi final
Moyes highest placing was 4th and a Final.

I understand the desire to try and change history to fit an agenda, honestly I get it, I really do, but Moyes is our most successful Manager since Royle, until such a time a manager wins a cup or equals 4th place, he will remain that.

Martinez FA Cup

I understand the desire to try and change history to fit an agenda, honestly I get it, I really do, but Moyes is our most successful Manager since Royle, until such a time a manager wins a cup or equals 4th place, he will remain that.
lollollol

I reckon everyone on this forum knows that Sunderland are guaranteed to be safe with moyes at the helm. I predict they'll be in the top half next season.dizzy heights for the mackems

Martinez FA Cup

The charity shield doesnt count! Come on! He didnt even do the leg work in getting his team to the one off game.

Martinez has won the league one title too by the way.

None of them are "successful managers". Not sure what agenda I could have for two ex managers who I really couldnt give a toss about as they are not our manager any more.

For anyone to say that they would have Moyes back though, I do have to ask, what on earth happened to our pride?

The charity shield doesnt count! Come on! He didnt even do the leg work in getting his team to the one off game.

Martinez has won the league one title too by the way.

None of them are "successful managers". Not sure what agenda I could have for two ex managers who I really couldnt give a toss about as they are not our manager any more.

For anyone to say that they would have Moyes back though, I do have to ask, what on earth happened to our pride?

Oh I defo dont want Moyes back or Martinez.

And yes, both were failures, but Moyes failed less in my eyes.

Oh I defo dont want Moyes back or Martinez.

And yes, both were failures, but Moyes failed less in my eyes.

Moyes didnt "fail". he is just a loser who will never win anything (apart from the league one trophy).

He was a solid manager back in the day. He thinks the way to get the best out of Lukaku is to whip the ball into him from deep. Its quite sad really, he is a shell of the man he used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back