Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Moyes to Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is great prospect but I'd be surprised if we let him go this season. The only keeper I can compare him with his given when we had him as a young kid and for me given just shades it, but pickford distribution is class.

Unless a stupid bid comes in then i dont think we will sell. He is a Sunderland lad aged 22. Not sure what a stupid bid would be for a keeper to be honest. If I use Henderson as an example we got 18 million for him and was a good deal as I think he has improved since he left us and at the time that was crazy money. Pickford can improve with us. I fully expect the the lad to leave at some point but like I said unless it is a stupid bid I'd be gutted if he went this season.

Surprised wiki has Pickford as 6'1, same as Given...seems taller.

I reckon we'll go back for Kone next month and we'll get him.

They have no money for new players and if the squad stays the same as it is they are virtually down and they know it. Kone clearly doesn't want to be there so they might as well flog him for a high fee and use the money to buy badly-needed reinforcements. Koeman clearly wanted him because Moyes even admitted Kenwright had been in touch wanting to do a deal. It's unlikely we'll prise away Van Djik so I imagine we'll try again for this fella and this time Sunderland will be happy to let us take him providing the offer is good.

Kone seems to be a bit content after getting paid. We'd have to go into the 30-40M or 20M + players. Moyes would totally fleece us if he agrees to sell. Which might not be the wisest move given that CB is a position that you can find pretty cheap (case in point: Kone). Also recent big money buys for CBs haven't turned out well. The only one who has been really good the past couple of years to my knowledge was David Luiz who lets face it can do all the stupid stuff he wants because they play so defensive.

Given that there is no money at Sunderland to spend, Moyes isn't going to sell anyone in Jan. If management goes over his head he'll walk too. I also doubt Big Sam would come back if players are sold.

He is great prospect but I'd be surprised if we let him go this season. The only keeper I can compare him with his given when we had him as a young kid and for me given just shades it, but pickford distribution is class.

Unless a stupid bid comes in then i dont think we will sell. He is a Sunderland lad aged 22. Not sure what a stupid bid would be for a keeper to be honest. If I use Henderson as an example we got 18 million for him and was a good deal as I think he has improved since he left us and at the time that was crazy money. Pickford can improve with us. I fully expect the the lad to leave at some point but like I said unless it is a stupid bid I'd be gutted if he went this season.

I'd be delighted if Everton tested the water with a big bid of 25/30m on Pickford. Something like that could be tough got Moyes to turn down if he thinks he can get 2-3 players for that price.

I certainly think if he carries on at Sunderland for another year ( and I wouldn't be surprised if he did and wasn't agitating for a move ) other clubs would be in for him and possibly even higher bids come in.

Kone seems to be a bit content after getting paid. We'd have to go into the 30-40M or 20M + players. Moyes would totally fleece us if he agrees to sell. Which might not be the wisest move given that CB is a position that you can find pretty cheap (case in point: Kone). Also recent big money buys for CBs haven't turned out well. The only one who has been really good the past couple of years to my knowledge was David Luiz who lets face it can do all the stupid stuff he wants because they play so defensive.

Given that there is no money at Sunderland to spend, Moyes isn't going to sell anyone in Jan. If management goes over his head he'll walk too. I also doubt Big Sam would come back if players are sold.

Moyes will definitely sell to buy in Jan. They have so many injuries, even Watmore and Gooch are goosed...

I think he will sell Pickford and bring in an experienced keeper

I'd be delighted if Everton tested the water with a big bid of 25/30m on Pickford. Something like that could be tough got Moyes to turn down if he thinks he can get 2-3 players for that price.

I certainly think if he carries on at Sunderland for another year ( and I wouldn't be surprised if he did and wasn't agitating for a move ) other clubs would be in for him and possibly even higher bids come in.

A 30 million bid would be hard to turn down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back