Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes voices fears: "7th may be our realistic position"

Status
Not open for further replies.

davek

Player Valuation: £150m
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/ever...on-warns-manager-david-moyes-100252-28735528/

DAVID MOYES fears seventh place in the Premier League will be as far as he can take Everton in the future - unless money is made available to buy new players.
As the Blues' boss prepares his side for the final game of the season against Chelsea tomorrow afternoon, he issued a stark warning that this may be as good as it gets for the Goodison Park club without an injection of cash.

As the Blues' boss prepares his side for the final game of the season against Chelsea tomorrow afternoon, he issued a stark warning that this may be as good as it gets for the Goodison Park club without an injection of cash...
"Seventh might be as good as it can get for Everton with the resources and the way teams are spending now," said the Everton manager.
“I hoped we would do better than that this year but I think it is going to be much tougher next year...

"If anybody connected with Everton thinks our expectations should be better than seventh maybe they need to start asking the real reasons why. Maybe that is Everton's position. I thought we could do better than that in the summer so maybe I'm the one who got it wrong and maybe I have to reassess where I think Everton can be."

Well, if you look at the end of that article I linked he didn't exactly dismiss the Villa rumours:

"On rumours linking him to the Villa job, Moyes said: "I know nothing about it and I think it is wrong to talk about other clubs in this way. "They have got a really good manager, I think the last thing he would want is to hear someone talking about his job.”

Well, if you look at the end of that article I linked he didn't exactly dismiss the Villa rumours:

"On rumours linking him to the Villa job, Moyes said: "I know nothing about it and I think it is wrong to talk about other clubs in this way. "They have got a really good manager, I think the last thing he would want is to hear someone talking about his job.”

Villa are skint.

Villa are skint.

They have a billionaire owner currently clearing the mess left by O'Neill and his crazy signing policy. Lerner will back a more prudent man in the transfer market.

One thing's for sure, it's going to be a better option than 'sell the family silverware' Everton.

They have a billionaire owner currently clearing the mess left by O'Neill and his crazy signing policy. Lerner will back a more prudent man in the transfer market.

One thing's for sure, it's going to be a better option than 'sell the family silverware' Everton.

Will you say that after they sell Ashley Young or Downing this summer?

To be honest, talk of Moyes leaving may be the wake up call the board needs to find some funds. No matter how many times its brought up, I still can't believe the fact that we can't find investment whilst it seems every other club is having money chucked at them from left, right and center. Hell, i'd even send Moyes half my savings if it meant he'd stay.

To be honest, talk of Moyes leaving may be the wake up call the board needs to find some funds. No matter how many times its brought up, I still can't believe the fact that we can't find investment whilst it seems every other club is having money chucked at them from left, right and center. Hell, i'd even send Moyes half my savings if it meant he'd stay.

Good post mate.

"If anybody connected with Everton thinks our expectations should be better than seventh maybe they need to start asking the real reasons why. Maybe that is Everton's position. I thought we could do better than that in the summer so maybe I'm the one who got it wrong and maybe I have to reassess where I think Everton can be."

Or maybe you could have done better that that but you kept picking fecking Anichebe rather than our best team, Davey. Just putting that out there.

"I know nothing about it and they have a really good manager in place who unfortunately is ill at the moment. The last thing he needs to hear is someone talking about his job," said Moyes. "But I'm not interested anyway, so that answers it."

"I know nothing about it and they have a really good manager in place who unfortunately is ill at the moment. The last thing he needs to hear is someone talking about his job," said Moyes. "But I'm not interested anyway, so that answers it."

Oh so Davek did abit of selective quoting again did he?

Explains it.

I'm glad GOT members continue to give the FULL quotation when Davek doesn't.

But according to Damon he was firing shots left right and centre at the board in order to give him some money. That didn't work and neither will any more whining about money. We don't have it, you won't get it. He knew the situation on money when he signed the contract so should get on with his job.

2 seasons or so ago, I'd argue that were better than 7th.

But now, after not moving foward and peaking after the fa cup final...7th is what we are as a club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back