Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes voices fears: "7th may be our realistic position"

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can do better than 7th.

But very much this. Villa and Birmingham are both in a financial mire. If Brum go down tomorrow they could implode.

Villa are still making a loss. And if they made a profit next year with £110million debts it would take 5 to 10 years in which to pay it off. Unless they sold players in which case it would take a hell of a lot of sales.

Scarily Villa have gotten worse despite cashingin on Milner, while Brum have done a good job pulling up their socks if im honest.

Villa still have a massive hit in the post in the form of a case of unfair dismissal from O Neill, i dont necessarily think they can afford to get rid of Houllier. They are also going to loose close to 8 mill on finishing position this season compared to last.

Last edited:
Scarily Villa they have gotten worse, while Brum have done a good job pulling up their socks if im honest.

Villa still have a massive hit in the post in the form of a case of unfair dismissal from O Neill, i dont necessarily think they can afford to get rid of Houllier.

Didn't consider that liability that's not on their books.

But still Brum's finances make ours and us look Massively Solvent.

A Carling Cup win ? Does that justify deterioration of the long term position of the club? If they go down and don't come straight back up they could go bust.

As for Villa, its all ordered debt, but it's going to take years to pay it off. Lerner's what? in his 60's? He'll be in his 70's before Villa returned to any sort of positive cash flow unless he finds another load of cash to expand Villa Park, but would they fill it? I doubt it.

They don't have a "restricted view" excuse.

The other thing.

Everton's current board may be incapable of getting this infrastructure off the ground for us. But others won't.

An infrastructure improvement and we'd be challenging. But I still reject this "we've got to move" idea. That and the "no one's interested".

WIRRAL WATERS redevelopment, is a major thing any party looking at Everton should look at in terms of the long term health of the club and city, economics. http://www.wirralwaters.co.uk/content/home.php

Neighbouring infrastructure improvements will increase money in local economy and therefore future profitability (for EFC in theory)

Last edited:
Didn't consider that liability that's not on their books.

But still Brum's finances make ours and us look Massively Solvent.

A Carling Cup win ? Does that justify deterioration of the long term position of the club? If they go down and don't come straight back up they could go bust.

As for Villa, its all ordered debt, but it's going to take years to pay it off. Lerner's what? in his 60's? He'll be in his 70's before Villa returned to any sort of positive cash flow unless he finds another load of cash to expand Villa Park, but would they fill it? I doubt it.

They don't have a "restricted view" excuse.

The other thing.

Everton's current board may be incapable of getting this infrastructure off the ground for us. But others won't.

An infrastructure improvement and we'd be challenging. But I still reject this "we've got to move" idea. That and the "no one's interested".

WIRRAL WATERS redevelopment, is a major thing any party looking at Everton should look at in terms of the long term health of the club and city, economics. http://www.wirralwaters.co.uk/content/home.php

Neighbouring infrastructure improvements will increase money in local economy and therefore future profitability (for EFC in theory)

We've got a massive combined long term and short term debt that we've been into before. The cost to EFC of the securitization deal alone was - with interest repayments - £68M, of which they've paid off £24M. The club is mortgaged up to the hilt with multiple finance houses and not in good shape - as you yourself have stated on many occasions, so try and be consistent.

We've got a massive combined long term and short term debt that we've been into before. The cost to EFC of the securitization deal alone was - with interest repayments - £68M, of which they've paid off £24M. The club is mortgaged up to the hilt with multiple finance houses and not in good shape - as you yourself have stated on many occasions, so try and be consistent.

... but if Brum are in worse shape then it's a fair statement -- doesn't mean we're not screwed ... just that someone else is more screwed. Think you're just arguing for the sake of arguing here.

What did I ask Coleman if he's got Sky in his Caravan there?

Faking outrage.

Villa have a debt of £110 million on their books, without the payoff of O'Neil being sorted yet.

Brum are well, in a hole. No one knows just how bad. To the extent that the shareholders in Hong Kong were extremely nervous. If they go down they could go completely insolvent.

As Njligernj said, it's RELATIVE.

You're asserting Moyes would jump for Villa which is rubbish. If Lerner's underwriting everything why are Villa in £110million of debt? With little to show for it.

That's what Me, Neiler and everyone else has said. All along.

It's you who's inconsistent. An inconsistent argumentative tit. If its not Neville its someone else.

Last edited:

Villa need stability. They have an owner who's put his money where his mouth is before and more than likely will do so again in time. Everton under the current non-investing ownership have nowhere to go but peddling furiously to stay in the same place. I believe that's what our manager has already underlined.

In short: Villa's future is unknown; Everton's future is...and it's not a bright one.

If he's put his money where his mouth is - why do they show £110million of debt on their books?

What did I ask Coleman if he's got Sky in his Caravan there?

Faking outrage.

Villa have a debt of £110 million on their books, without the payoff of O'Neil being sorted yet.

Brum are well, in a hole. No one knows just how bad. To the extent that the shareholders in Hong Kong were extremely nervous. If they go down they could go completely insolvent.

As Njligernj said, it's RELATIVE.

You're asserting Moyes would jump for Villa which is rubbish. If Lerner's underwriting everything why are Villa in £110million of debt? With little to show for it.

That's what Me, Neiler and everyone else has said. All along.

It's you who's inconsistent. An inconsistent argumentative tit. If its not Neville its someone else.

so are we any differant? do we know how big our hole is and who's hole it is?? just asking like as i aint got a clue!

7th and a cup run is about the best we can achieve realistically next year, thats spot on. If we got investment, things might change. But as it stands i can see how Moyes would think "sod this". He's had to work with little to no money each year, selling to buy and will eventually start to lose his best players.

Despite what a lot of you say about Villa's financial state, its easy to see why Moyes might feel the grass is greener. Though hopefully, having dismissed it, that'll be the end of the matter. Speculation has a nasty habit of lingering around.

Villa might just be one or two Everton players short of something special. Moyes, if he went, could take a few with him seeing he knows how financially tight we are...

All we need is 100,000 Everton fans to donate £10 every week for a year. Have that debt sorted in no time!
To be honest, 10 years ago I would have bitten your hand off to finish around 7th every year. I'm pretty happy not to be involved in the relegation mix up today.
However, if you are under 20, you might only remember Everton being the 'nearly' club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back