Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes voices fears: "7th may be our realistic position"

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys seem to forget, that had we won some early games and turned some draws into wins, we would be sitting a lot better..

I think back at some of the games we lost/ draw and it has nothing to do with money.. It was mistakes/ Injuries/ Determination etc. etc.

We could easily be challenging 4th had we kept our shape ALL YEAR

They have a billionaire owner currently clearing the mess left by O'Neill and his crazy signing policy. Lerner will back a more prudent man in the transfer market.

One thing's for sure, it's going to be a better option than 'sell the family silverware' Everton.

Yeah he left them in a right mess did'nt he. I bet they wish they were in that mess right now. Do me a favour davek he did a cracking job there.

Yeah he left them in a right mess did'nt he. I bet they wish they were in that mess right now. Do me a favour davek he did a cracking job there.

Cracking job? He spent a Kings ransom and got them to 11th, 6th, 6th and 6th...playing the usual ale house football O'Neill has made his managerial trademark.

You guys seem to forget, that had we won some early games and turned some draws into wins, we would be sitting a lot better..

I think back at some of the games we lost/ draw and it has nothing to do with money.. It was mistakes/ Injuries/ Determination etc. etc.

We could easily be challenging 4th had we kept our shape ALL YEAR

Where do you start with this? If we did this and not that then this other thing might have happened.

The table doesn't lie.

Cracking job? He spent a Kings ransom and got them to 11th, 6th, 6th and 6th...playing the usual ale house football O'Neill has made his managerial trademark.
And before that they were 16th, 6th, 10th, 16th so looks like a cracking job to me mate compared to previous also got a semi final appearance and league cup final appearance. And martin o neil does not decide the value of the players i would have thought. So i would have to say given the before and after he did a cracking job

And before that they were 16th, 6th, 10th, 16th so looks like a cracking job to me mate compared to previous also got a semi final appearance and league cup final appearance. And martin o neil does not decide the value of the players i would have thought. So i would have to say given the before and after he did a cracking job

O'Neill wanted players in regardless of cost, and once again jumped ship as soon as the money ran out.

He's an overrated and disloyal manager in my books. I don't think Moyes is the greatest but he's definitely a better option than O'Neill.

O'Neill wanted players in regardless of cost, and once again jumped ship as soon as the money ran out.

He's an overrated and disloyal manager in my books. I don't think Moyes is the greatest but he's definitely a better option than O'Neill.

just for the record mate in no way do i want o neil above moyes, never. However i think he walked because he did not get the money from the milner sale which was his purchase for £12m and was sold for double that. There are a lot a people on this board who want moyes to do the same, which i find ridiculous. Look at what has happened to villa since he left. A fate which i fear could happen to everton should moyes ever leave certainly within the current financial constraints.

Moyes is just speaking the truth in my view. The only question is, should he be telling the truth? Most managers/coaches in any sport will lie through their teeth in an effort to always seem positive. No one wants to hear their manager say, "this is as good as it gets". It could potentially hurt the morale of the players and supporters.

Personally I agree with Moyes and if this bit of truth telling gets the board to try something different or go harder after investment, it'll be worth it. No one will remember this statement in a few months time so go ahead and try to give the board a bit of a push now.

Where do you start with this? If we did this and not that then this other thing might have happened.

The table doesn't lie.

You're right.. The table doesn't lie..

Fact is we finished 7th with sh!t money.. We dropped a lot of points in sh!t games which we could've won..

The table doesn't lie.

Haha...it doesn't.

Oh, and by looking at the table, there is no chance in hell that Villa now or in the future is a more attractive job for Moyes than Everton is, money or not.

Villa's headed the wrong way, Everton isn't. Lerner isn't spending gobs of money either.

Fact.

There are several jobs that would be a step up for Moyes.

Villa isn't one of them.

Haha...it doesn't.

Oh, and by looking at the table, there is no chance in hell that Villa now or in the future is a more attractive job for Moyes than Everton is, money or not.

Villa's headed the wrong way, Everton isn't. Lerner isn't spending gobs of money either.

Fact.

There are several jobs that would be a step up for Moyes.

Villa isn't one of them.

Villa need stability. They have an owner who's put his money where his mouth is before and more than likely will do so again in time. Everton under the current non-investing ownership have nowhere to go but peddling furiously to stay in the same place. I believe that's what our manager has already underlined.

In short: Villa's future is unknown; Everton's future is...and it's not a bright one.

You're right.. The table doesn't lie..

Fact is we finished 7th with sh!t money.. We dropped a lot of points in sh!t games which we could've won..

Counterfactual arguments dont cut it. I could say to you 'if we'd lost in games we were lucky to drawn in we'd be in the bottom half of the table'.

The table never lies.

7th is like winning the Champions League to be fair.

Ive stated my position on villa a number of times, financially they are a basket case.

We can do better than 7th.

But very much this. Villa and Birmingham are both in a financial mire. If Brum go down tomorrow they could implode.

Villa are still making a loss. And if they made a profit next year with £110million debts it would take 5 to 10 years in which to pay it off. Unless they sold players in which case it would take a hell of a lot of sales.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back