Mr bates v the Post Office

Yes. To pardon a person who has pleaded guilty could be a judicial nightmare because they have not been found guilty by a jury - they've admitted guilt.

There is also a concern that a blanket pardon may excuse the small minority who actually did commit fraud.

Horizon was abandoned by the DWP from the outset because they knew it was rubbish.
there's a complication in many of these cases as they often signed off their accounts as correct (when they know they weren't) to try and keep their businesses afloat; to try sand give themselves a chance of U turning them around and so were guilty go false accounting. They were put in an invidious position not of their making.

I heard a retired Judge today who was against a blanket pardon/overturning of the convictions and mentioned that some of the 750+ would actually be guilty of embezzling funds so each case should be examined. I say blox to that, it is so complicated by misconduct, just exonerate everyone and the very few who actually did steal cash but then exonerated are a necessary evil to try to right the wrongs done to the huge huge majority of PO staff who were wrongly shafted.

Just do the right thing for these people and properly compensate them

Dave, please go and read the guidance. For a private prosecution, it is stated:

So the CPS have the right to intervene when informed, but it does not mean the CPS must intervene. For public prosecutions, they will have been involved.
As you posted here regarding the guidance...

Where the CPS receives a specific request to intervene in a private prosecution, the CPS should contact the private prosecutor and invite them to supply a complete set of the papers that they intend to use to support their prosecution. The CPS should request any information which undermines the prosecution or assists the defence with their case.

...well we now know that's exactly what happened. They acted on behalf of the Post Office in a number of cases and the CPS did carry out the prosecution itself against sub-postmasters.

The CPS concede this but defended itself by saying “It is a relative drop in the ocean compared to the 700 or 800 the Post Office are involved in.”

...which is no defence at all really is it? Even if it were a handful of prosecutions they carried out it still makes them culpable in this scandal and it still puts Starmer front and centre and he should be in the eye of a storm about it.

...well we now know that's exactly what happened. They acted on behalf of the Post Office in a number of cases and the CPS did carry out the prosecution itself against sub-postmasters.

The CPS concede this but defended itself by saying “It is a relative drop in the ocean compared to the 700 or 800 the Post Office are involved in.”

...which is no defence at all really is it? Even if it were a handful of prosecutions they carried out it still makes them culpable in this scandal and it still puts Starmer front and centre and he should be in the eye of a storm about it.
Like a fly on poo.

The Tories.

Like a fly on poo.

The Tories.

Even you cant expect Starmer to get away with all that he did as DPP:

- green lighting the spy cops work of infiltrating left organisations and allowing the coppers to rape their women
- throwing out charges against the British military of torturing prisoners
- dismissing the case of the Met Police assassination squad who killed Charles de Menezes on the underground
- convicted innocent sub P.O. masters

I mean does any of that surprise you given that this scumbag writes for the S*n and has endorsed Israeli genocide?

I have no hesitation in declaring him utter vermin.

"Even when I knew it was the post office I really knew it was starmeh."

Even you cant expect Starmer to get away with all that he did as DPP:

- green lighting the spy cops work of infiltrating left organisations and allowing the coppers to rape their women
- throwing out charges against the British military of torturing prisoners
- dismissing the case of the Met Police assassination squad who killed Charles de Menezes on the underground
- convicted innocent sub P.O. masters

I mean does any of that surprise you given that this scumbag writes for the S*n and has endorsed Israeli genocide?

I have no hesitation in declaring him utter vermin.
He didnt convict anybody, a court of law did.

I wonder how many murderers and rapist he put away in that time? Kiddy fiddlers, swings and roundabouts.

green lighting the spy cops work of infiltrating left organisations and allowing the coppers to rape their women
Thats a disgusting slur and I hope Starmer sues you for libel.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back