Mr bates v the Post Office

Pretty ridiculous that it took a TV drama to get this going but good it is happening I guess. Better late than never

Private Eye have been on the case for years but dont have the circulation to gee up popular opinion and kick the asres into gear to look into it. I hope there are a lot of ex PO senior managers who are sleeping uncomfortably these days

Interesting read today regarding a certain senior executive at the Post office when all this started. Not mentioned in this TV series though and his name kept well away…

Left the Post office and took up a senior role at ITV.. just coincidence he was left out and happened to be on the board at ITV I’m sure..

I think this lies with the Post Office and their investigation body. I'm not sure too much could be aimed at Fujitsu as from wheat I am aware of, their staff knew of the issues but not necessarily that people were going to gaol on the back of the IT reports.
One of the episodes implies some of their staff were to blame for some of the discrepancies and they also took part in the cover up.
They are equally culpable if that is true.

One of the episodes implies some of their staff were to blame for some of the discrepancies and they also took part in the cover up.
there are certainly some at Fujitsu that knew there was an issue, I'd like to know more about whether those that knew there was an issue, also knew that this questionable IT evidence was being used as evidence. I'd like to be quite certain that those advising on the surety of the IT evidence knew or didnt know of the IT issues, and that those who did know about the IT issues knew that it was being used to prosecute people. If they knew there was an issue with its safety and knew it was being used to prosecute people, they should be prosecuted and face the consequences. Let's make sure we dont create more victims by witch hunting, get the right people not any people.

….after watching the programme, I’d have thought ‘perverting the cause of justice’ would be appropriate for those PO officials.
The police are considering investigating what went on now forthe lies& deception as the poot postmaster monies were put into the profits of the organisation profits ie theft . These well made programmes will be more beneficial than a long winded public inquiry!

The police are considering investigating what went on now forthe lies& deception as the poot postmaster monies were put into the profits of the organisation profits ie theft . These well made programmes will be more beneficial than a long winded public inquiry!

Conspiracy to defraud and conspiracy to pervert the course of justice would be what I’d think they’ll be looking at Joey.

Conspiracy is very serious, as it means two or more people acted together and knowingly engaged in a criminal enterprise, to commit the offences and 100% carries a jail sentence.

It’s quite a hard one to prove though, unless they have email / other forms of communication or someone wants to cut a deal to save their skin and roll over on the others.

According to The Times today there are two Fujitsu ‘experts’ being investigated for perjury and perverting the course of justice.
there are certainly some at Fujitsu that knew there was an issue, I'd like to know more about whether those that knew there was an issue, also knew that this questionable IT evidence was being used as evidence. I'd like to be quite certain that those advising on the surety of the IT evidence knew or didnt know of the IT issues, and that those who did know about the IT issues knew that it was being used to prosecute people. If they knew there was an issue with its safety and knew it was being used to prosecute people, they should be prosecuted and face the consequences. Let's make sure we dont create more victims by witch hunting, get the right people not any

According to The Times today there are two Fujitsu ‘experts’ being investigated for perjury and perverting the course of justice.
I read today that the head of Fujitsu UK for a substantial time that this was going on is married to Gillian Keegan, the Tory Secretary of State for Education.
I wonder how much “protection” he is able to call on whilst she/they are in Government?
I hope there is a lot of twitching sphincters amongst current and ex PO and Fujitsu staff who were closely involved in this scandal.
A custodial sentence seems the best punishment but would leave their assets intact. Would bankrupting guilty parties be a more long standing punishment that would make their remaining years a miserable existence akin to what they subjected numerous Postmasters to?

Conspiracy to defraud and conspiracy to pervert the course of justice would be what I’d think they’ll be looking at Joey.

Conspiracy is very serious, as it means two or more people acted together and knowingly engaged in a criminal enterprise, to commit the offences and 100% carries a jail sentence.

It’s quite a hard one to prove though, unless they have email / other forms of communication or someone wants to cut a deal to save their skin and roll over on the others.
Mr Bates will have everything ;)
In the USA people like the post office etc bankers who are curupt it's jail - Here we put them in the House of Lords or OBEs etc

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back