Mr. Bill Kenrwright

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Ive to ask you this- do you think 'things' are better now than they were under Johnson or not?

Johnson should never be the benchmark, the Moores era should be the benchmark we judge this lot from. I'll go with it for the sake of argument. It's a tricky one. Love him or loathe him, Johnson put his hand in his pocket and took a hit on the share issue, he provided funds up to a point and then kicked the ladder away when it went wrong. He started to look at the commercial side of the club for the first time in the club's history. Are we well shot of him? Yes, because he was an unstable force. We need visionaries with a clear plan and an unswerving desire to get it carried out. Kenwright ticks none of those boxes and the people who do aren't prepared to put the effort in...they just want to put their hands out for a big pay day with minumum exertion.

Johnson should never be the benchmark, the Moores era should be the benchmark we judge this lot from. I'll go with it for the sake of argument. It's a tricky one. Love him or loathe him, Johnson put his hand in his pocket and took a hit on the share issue, he provided funds up to a point and then kicked the ladder away when it went wrong. He started to look at the commercial side of the club for the first time in the club's history. Are we well shot of him? Yes, because he was an unstable force. We need visionaries with a clear plan and an unswerving desire to get it carried out. Kenwright ticks none of those boxes and the people who do aren't prepared to put the effort in...they just want to put their hands out for a big pay day with minumum exertion.

So it comes back to my initial question in your eyes what would you want in terms of ownership- what would be your ideal scenario to happen? i know you said about Barcelona etc but I am genuinely interested to know what ownership would apease you and what steps they would take- relocate, develop GP, amount of money to speand.

I honestly wouldnt want the souless ownership of say Manchester United or Newcastle.

Weirdly as I am writing this I am getting ready for 5 a side tonight and Im putting on last years top with the names:

Southall,
Stevens
Ratcliffe
Mountfield
Van De Hauwe
Steven
Bracewell
Reid
Sheedy
Sharp
Gray

in the collar

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum- just want the right ownership and not some flash in the pan- sack Moyes bring in Dennis Wise, tries to pick the team- Sheik Mo Money Mo Problems Mofo.

Bill kenwright has given more of his own money to the Labour party than Everton.

My uncle (labour politician) told me its well known he is after a knighthood at the very least.

He lives for the limelight, the status, the attention. For that reason alone he wont sell Everton unless he keeps his position.

How ironic, he wants someone to hand over the cash but he decides how to spend it.

So it comes back to my initial question in your eyes what would you want in terms of ownership- what would be your ideal scenario to happen? i know you said about Barcelona etc but I am genuinely interested to know what ownership would apease you and what steps they would take- relocate, develop GP, amount of money to speand.

I honestly wouldnt want the souless ownership of say Manchester United or Newcastle.

Weirdly as I am writing this I am getting ready for 5 a side tonight and Im putting on last years top with the names:

Southall,
Stevens
Ratcliffe
Mountfield
Van De Hauwe
Steven
Bracewell
Reid
Sheedy
Sharp
Gray

in the collar

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum- just want the right ownership and not some flash in the pan- sack Moyes bring in Dennis Wise, tries to pick the team- Sheik Mo Money Mo Problems Mofo.

Great post that

I want a team that spends 100's of millions every summer on players that don't have a care about the club, care only about winning things (when I say that, I mean picking up 100k a week, we all know they mean that) and have a turnover of players that is out of this world. I want every player we sign to be a god one minute, a traitor when he's on the bench, bitching and moaning and suddenly wanting out the next. I want a Chairman and Owner who come to see their first game a year after they buy us too...

Hold on......no, that's totally the opposite. Yes, I'd like more money, who wouldn't, but somethings aren't possible and aren't worth being negative about surely. I want Pixie Lott to be my girlfriend, sadly, I've never met her and never will....grrr I'm so MAAAD!!!

What happens if Everton got bought by some super power, and then we realise we're still not beating Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal, Spurs.......the last time I checked only one team can win each trophy a seaon, and we've come along way since I've been a fan in getting there. A goal or 2 away from winning the FA Cup, that's all, simple as that. It's not like we've not done anything. I also do admire that we have a team spirit and appear to be a club that is well run, don't have snide's (for you Matt Damon) in the squad talking crap every day in the redtops (ok maybe JH is one?) maybe...

Maybe I'm an old romantic, but I still think what we have, is a million times better than most, and I still wouldn't take Man City's team over ours.....and how much have they spent?

Not sure where that came from....

Last edited:

My opinion - for what it's worth - is that we could do a lot worse.

Carry on!

having no money to spend,
getting a loan to survive on this season based on next seasons income,
a failed ground move with minimal financial benefit with no plan b.

We could do worse?

Southall,
Stevens
Ratcliffe
Mountfield
Van De Hauwe
Steven
Bracewell
Reid
Sheedy
Sharp
Gray

in the collar

An ideal scenario woud be to have an Evertonian Jack Walker who was prepared to put up his own cash and leave us with no debt and let a manager crack on.

Look, we can go around in circles all day on this idealised takeover, inventing a hierarchy of preferred models. The future shape of a post Kenwright era Everton isn't the issue right now, though...the present Kenwright-led era is. That's the focus, and quite obviously it isn't working - unless, as some have stated, they're happy with starting off the season shooting for 6th.

As ever this debate gets bogged down in 'what if we fall on our arses with a new owner...better the devil you know' doom-mongering. Well that's a chance we'd take I suppose. Personally, I dont see a big difference in being second rate and running the risk of becoming third rate, to be honest.

Great post that

I want a team that spends 100's of millions every summer on players that don't have a care about the club, care only about winning things (when I say that, I mean picking up 100k a week, we all know they mean that) and have a turnover of players that is out of this world. I want every player we sign to be a god one minute, a traitor when he's on the bench, bitching and moaning and suddenly wanting out the next. I want a Chairman and Owner who come to see their first game a year after they buy us too...

Hold on......no, that's totally the opposite. Yes, I'd like more money, who wouldn't, but somethings aren't possible and aren't worth being negative about surely. I want Pixie Lott to be my girlfriend, sadly, I've never met her and never will....grrr I'm so MAAAD!!!

What happens if Everton got bought by some super power, and then we realise we're still not beating Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal, Spurs.......the last time I checked only one team can win each trophy a seaon, and we've come along way since I've been a fan in getting there. A goal or 2 away from winning the FA Cup, that's all, simple as that. It's not like we've not done anything. I also do admire that we have a team spirit and appear to be a club that is well run, don't have snide's (for you Matt Damon) in the squad talking crap every day in the redtops (ok maybe JH is one?) maybe...

Maybe I'm an old romantic, but I still think what we have, is a million times better than most, and I still wouldn't take Man City's team over ours.....and how much have they spent?

Not sure where that came from....

Thing you have to realise is that those multi-millionaires want quick success for the money they spend. But they also start out with the wrong people at the helm. Citeh had Mark Hughes...he wasnt gonna get anywhere. Now they have Mancini...who has made them into a solid and hard to beat side. Downside to that is, the ego's.

Villa's, Pompey's, Newcastle's etc all fell apart due to having the wrong manager who wanted either more than the club could offer and jumped ship when there werent any funds left (Pompey, Villa), or they have the wrong manager clashing with a dunce of a chairman (Newcastle).

For all the ones mentioned....people forget about Sunderland and Spurs. They're not uber-rich but they are well off, have spent well and above all wisely. They have also appointed managers (in Spurs case, it went a bit tits up 1 season but was put right swiftly) that have worked well with the club and owner. The word to be used is probably - Stability.

This is the thing with Everton...we have stability. Its now crying out for a little extra coin on top.

Sadly...it wont happen for a number of reasons and IMO by time next season comes around its back to square 1 rebuilding the side.

Every team has a shelf-life. The problem we had was not capitalising on the good in that time frame.

The crux of this recent history seems to be, according to previous posts of yours, we should've sold to Paul Gregg, someone the fans found almost as divisive and odious as Peter Johnson. Who knows where that could've led us now. Facing up to the reality, rather than any speculation of what if, we are not in a terrible position. We need investment yes, but I'm sure Bill could've sold the club to the kind of arseholes that bought Pompey. That what you want?

The core of every fans argument against Kenwright seems to be that we've not sold Everton out of his personal greed. My counter argument is that we've not sold the club because potential quality owners haven't come forward. The kind of owners who aren't just trying to make a fast profit - like we saw across the park.

Unfortunately without a new stadium Everton isn't an attractive proposition to an investor. There are, have been and will be plans to change that.

At the moment, watching the dull atmosphere at Arsenal the other night on telly, I'm quite happy with Goodison. Its falling apart but its still got passion.

Oh so very much this!

I like Bill...We are a very stable club at the moment with someone who loves the club at the helm , Goodison is like a church to me..I will cry the day it is taken down...

Refurb or a move im afraid mate, the stadium is systematicly assiting to make our financial situation worse, personaly i would prefer investment in the stadium rather then the team. Myself im for a self sustainable model, wouldnt be one for artificialy inflateing immediate wealth like City as tempting as it sounds. Self sustainability and a model of such is the healthiest for the club.

He gets more than his fair share of stick, but let's be honest here - he could be Mike "Giant Paystacks!?" Ashley.

As far as I can tell - every penny that Everton Football Club make gets pumped back into the club. Sure, it's both ridiculous & disgraceful that the 4th most successful club in English football has such poor infrasrtucture & finances, but that blame lies with the board of the 80's/90's not Bill Kenwright.

Quite frankly - if Bill was a billionaire, he'd be the best chairman in the world.

All true, in all likelihood.

Having met Bill,I am the first to admit he is not evil but he is holding us back and his habit of lying every time he is in a corner is insulting the fans I dont expect him to spend cash he has not got but a truthful answer would be nice,with out repeating it we ALL know his cock ups so why oh why cant he see he is not he guy for the job being a everton fan is a good start but not enough on its own,

Status
Not open for further replies.