MSP Sports Capital

Seen some Geordie Esk type football finance fella in a thread saying MSP would be just as bad as they'd asset strip us based on who's behind them with regards to us.

Downing & Bell are part of this MSP consortium, from what I can fathom, I would hate to think any supporter of this club would do that... but having typed that I do realise we have probably had that under Kenwrights watch.

Moshiri himself has £20m of his own cash in that MSP loan.

I don't think it's a stretch to say that the PL may well have been in dialogue with MSP and that they may well be insisting on such conditions for 777 knowing they can't be satisfied.

I just dont understand why the PL would need to speak with them.

The PL will be fearful of one of its members going into administration.

Now I realise it's the FA we are talking about but I have read first hand their dealings pre the Newcastle Utd take over and how they maneuvered certain things (obviously alongside PIF) to ensure it goes through.

I think MSP will have enough about them to engage with the PL due to the very real possibility of them being given the opportunity to gain the controlling stake and thus go through the new approval procedures.

The PL will be fearful of one of its members going into administration.

Now I realise it's the FA we are talking about but I have read first hand their dealings pre the Newcastle Utd take over and how they maneuvered certain things (obviously alongside PIF) to ensure it goes through.

I think MSP will have enough about them to engage with the PL due to the very real possibility of them being given the opportunity to gain the controlling stake and thus go through the new approval procedures.
Fair enough, I just dont see why they would waste their time with something that might never happen.

I also dont think Moshiri would allow somebody to take control via the backdoor.

Despite what is being "reported".

"The ability to call in the charge is controlled by the loan agreement between Blythe Capital and the Everton Stadium Development Company. Unfortunately this is not a public document, so the terms of the loan agreement (including one assumes the repayment date) are not known."

This sentence is the most telling for me.

They definitely care about being the richest league in the world and aren't going to let a bunch of underfunded Americans take over a PL club on their watch.
Yes indeed, but 777 are going through the approval process, MSP are just 1 of a long list of Everton debtors.

I think a lot has been made regarding this "They take control" thing and I doubt its true personally.

It mostly stems from Esk I think, who himself even states "The ability to call in the charge is controlled by the loan agreement between Blythe Capital and the Everton Stadium Development Company. Unfortunately this is not a public document, so the terms of the loan agreement (including one assumes the repayment date) are not known.".

But hey ho, what do I know, I just guess like everybody else.

Fair enough, I just dont see why they would waste their time with something that might never happen.

I also dont think Moshiri would allow somebody to take control via the backdoor.

Despite what is being "reported".

"The ability to call in the charge is controlled by the loan agreement between Blythe Capital and the Everton Stadium Development Company. Unfortunately this is not a public document, so the terms of the loan agreement (including one assumes the repayment date) are not known."

This sentence is the most telling for me.

You may well be right.