Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
He showed a wide range of passes on Sunday. As others noted, he pinged a number of cross field balls to Coleman. All of them right on target. But he also kept things simple. His occasionally passes hard, but I think that's because he's trying to speed up our play. He is sometimes "heart in mouth" because he tries to turn players when he should just pass. I'm a big believer in keeping things fairly simple when the ball is in our half. That is a problem with his decision making and can be addressed. It is not a technical deficiency. I see a technically gifted player who enjoys having the ball. That's rarer than you think in the PL, particularly with DMs. I don't think it is fair to compare him to Naismith at all. Different players. He is a DM with some flair who doesn't just break up the oppositions game, but does have some creativity in him. He's not going to contribute on the goal front and too many of those ahead of him are failing in that department including McGeady and McCarthy. Like most I'm a huge fan of the latter, but he needs to score more. He regularly ends up in positions when he could do so. I think Ross is a lot more disappointing because he is simply not doing his job: to open up defenses and score goals. Besic does his job pretty well for a lad who has just joined our club and the PL.

I keep reading on here that he gives the ball away too much. I don't see it. Does anyone have his stats to hand?

He's still learning the English game and it's refereeing. Will be a very good player for us later in the season, still looks a bit wild and uncontrolled at times to be in proper rotation with Barry and McCarthy. A worthy cover at the moment but always seems to be one tackle away from a red when he tries too hard to win the ball back (if he's lost it) or when he's covering a counter.

I keep reading on here that he gives the ball away too much. I don't see it. Does anyone have his stats to hand?

Yobo didn't give the ball away much, but when he did uh oh. That was Besic Sunday. He's young, was stuck being the "creator" in the midfield, probably needs to be partnered with McCarthy and wasn't the only one who had a bad game.

He's going to be excellent for us, but he's still prone to the bonehead move from time to time, and I'm not just referring to him being an absoulte head case. The backheel against Chelsea, and the header that barely made it back to Howard and should have never been played against Spurs spring to mind as things he really shouldn't be doing that can and have proved costly. He's young. He'll learn....or he'll break someone in half and be banned from the league.

besic need pair with strong man like mccarthy, Song, M'bia whose do more defensive works, and he control the ball as a bridge. his Pass success percentage is 88% upon this season

Still got quite a bit to learn would like to see him put a bit of weight on to but he's good when called a pon. Other than his howler back pass he really hasn't done anything wrong, it's so good to think he's still very young and learning, on the right path to become a very good footballer.

Getting better and better.

Liked him when he was "that midfielder who played well against Argentina".

Starting to love him now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back