Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is entitled to his opinion to be fair. You're getting overly defensive about it.

As i've mentioned though, Besic is going to be great for us so i'm not too bothered that people are writing him off already. In a few months time or next season, people will be backtracking.
Yap i just say he can say what he want but was in Gattuso time Seria A poor like now , we all know it was not . In fact it was one of better leagues in those time and my point if he could play DM how Besic can't. And Gatuuso really had just defense, pass poor ,shoot poor , header so so , but he make it work and Milan fans love him for hes atitude. All i m saying far to little games to say that man cant play DM or CM. If he said he play [Poor language removed] i would say ok ,opinion on game ,but opinion about hes ability base on few hundred minutes , common ....

Yap i just say he can say what he want but was in Gattuso time Seria A poor like now , we all know it was not . In fact it was one of better leagues in those time and my point if he could play DM how Besic can't. And Gatuuso really had just defense, pass poor ,shoot poor , header so so , but he make it work and Milan fans love him for hes atitude. All i m saying far to little games to say that man cant play DM or CM. If he said he play [Poor language removed] i would say ok ,opinion on game ,but opinion about hes ability base on few hundred minutes , common ....

tumblr_inline_n5qhsk2T9v1qzozj1.gif

I'm not convinced by him that's all - I think McCarthy is far in advance of Besic in terms of what he can offer. I'd worry if I had to rely on Besic in the middle of the park week in week out but that's just my opinion.
Don't think anyone is arguing with you that McCarthy is a better player currently but James is older and has played in this league (and for Martinez) for 5 years whereas Besic has started 3 premier league games in a completely new country. Isn't it worth giving him a bit more time before jumping to conclusions such as he is only suited to being a CB in this league?

Don't think anyone is arguing with you that McCarthy is a better player currently but James is older and has played in this league (and for Martinez) for 5 years whereas Besic has started 3 premier league games in a completely new country. Isn't it worth giving him a bit more time before jumping to conclusions such as he is only suited to being a CB in this league?
I dont know why people are taking the fact that he can only play CB as an insult - well I admit I suppose it is an insult when you think about it, but the truth is I think he could be a very good CB on what I have seen of him and would be happy to see him partner Stones there in the future. I think he is a liabilty with his passing/distribution and not offensive enough to play in a midfield role. All this talk of Gattuso doesnt convince me of anything at all I'm afraid.

Last edited:
I dont know why people are taking the can only play CB as an insult - well I admit actually it is an insult when you think about it, but the truth is I think he would be a very god CB on what I have seen of him and would be happy to see him partner Stones there in the future.
It is not unusual to wonder whether a player is best suited to being a DM or a CB, as you pointed out earlier Jags made the switch back whereas Barry made the move from CB into midfield. I happen to think both could do a decent job in either position.

I'm just questioning how you can be so certain he isn't suited to midfield after such a short time watching him in a new league and yet be equally convinced he'd be a good CB despite him being shorter than usual for that role.

It is not unusual to wonder whether a player is best suited to being a DM or a CB, as you pointed out earlier Jags made the switch back whereas Barry made the move from CB into midfield. I happen to think both could do a decent job in either position.

I'm just questioning how you can be so certain he isn't suited to midfield after such a short time watching him in a new league and yet be equally convinced he'd be a good CB despite him being shorter than usual for that role.
Sorry I edited subsequently but I don't think his distribution/passing is good enough and neither is he attacking enough.

Any comparison to Gattuso wont help Besic's case either as I think he was a shoddy footballer, one of the dirtiest players ever, well he had to be as he had no ability to play.

To be honest, I think a lot of the team are guilty of poor distribution...faffing about with the ball then, under pressure, hawking it - straight to the opposition usually. Ironically aganist the tone of some of the thread, I thought in the European game last week and the Spurs match, Besic's passing was good and at least he played longer,crisper passes with pace...notably to Coleman from centre mid and accurately too. Makes a change from the usual twenty passes inside a small area then relinquishing possession to the opposition. Once he gets up to speed, I think Besic will be a good acquisition and I hope theyre establishing his best position at Finch Farm instead of him just being a makeshift replacement as at present.

Sorry I edited subsequently but I don't think his distribution/passing is good enough and neither is he attacking enough.

Any comparison to Gattuso wont help Besic's case either as I think he was a shoddy footballer, one of the dirtiest players ever, well he had to be as he had no ability to play.
Personally been impressed by his distribution/passing in general, especially some of his lovely cross field passes and given he is still very new in the team was expecting him to play it a lot safer than than.

Given our formation and very attacking fullbacks our holding midfielders don't need to go forward much so even if he doesn't (which I think is a bit early to tell) it wouldn't concern me as long as he is good defensively and at the transition to attack. Each to his own though.

Personally been impressed by his distribution/passing in general, especially some of his lovely cross field passes and given he is still very new in the team was expecting him to play it a lot safer than than.

Given our formation and very attacking fullbacks our holding midfielders don't need to go forward much so even if he doesn't (which I think is a bit early to tell) it wouldn't concern me as long as he is good defensively and at the transition to attack. Each to his own though.
Some have claimed his playing in the Hungarian league means it will take him to time to get up to speed with the premier league - what does that mean? it's like saying a League 1 footballer will need time to adapt to the premier league, when in reality it could just as likely mean that League 1 is their level.

Some have claimed his playing in the Hungarian league means it will take him to time to get up to speed with the premier league - what does that mean? it's like saying a League 1 footballer will need time to adapt to the premier league, when in reality it could just as likely mean that League 1 is their level.
well no it doesn't, it means it might take time to get totally up to speed in playing at a superiour standard against better players who punish mistakes more often, i'm sorry if that confused you kev

well no it doesn't, it means it might take time to get totally up to speed in playing at a superiour standard against better players who punish mistakes more often, i'm sorry if that confused you kev
not really, otherwise you would see league 1 footballers coming into the premier league with regularity - they dont.

Sorry, don't understand what point you are trying to make here.

Every player needs time to adapt to a new club let alone a new country or league. Some will make it and some won't and it is not necessarily down to their quality - Forlan is a superb footballer but never really shone in this league and in contrast Negredo was great at that start but family homesickness made his performances drop off.

Only time will really tell but you seen keen on reaching conclusions without giving Besic much of it.

it doesnt mean that at all, players who come fomr la liga, serie a etc can struggle with the change in the premier league

it doesnt mean that at all, players who come fomr la liga, serie a etc can struggle with the change in the premier league
So its surely doubly hard for players from lower leagues. I havent seen enough from him to think he would ever be on the level of McCarthy let alone Arteta or Fellaini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back